• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    What is the cheapest one you have seen. Also are they good guns? I hear the trigger pull is 27 pound of pressure. I would use it for target shooting.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    $179.95 from Aim Surplus. If you had your C&R license, it could be shipped directly to your door. =) The license is only $30 for 3 years, which would probably not be much more than a dealer's transfer fee.

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    $179.95 from Aim Surplus. If you had your C&R license, it could be shipped directly to your door. =) The license is only $30 for 3 years, which would probably not be much more than a dealer's transfer fee.
    Ya that was the one I was looking at on aim.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    i ordered one of aim about a month ago great handgun i did not get a hand pick but it might as well have been one.... yes the tigger pull on da is extreme but i install the 19lb spring from woolf springs and its just a great handgun..... extra mags are about 25-30 bucks a piece .... and hey it kinda look like a ppk but a third of the price

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    They ARE good shooters.

But using them for target practice...effort in futility unless you shot it in SA mode only.

Not quite 27lbs, I don't think. 24lbs rings in my head. But, you can get a main spring meant for a Walther PPK and install it; should clean that DA trigger right up.

Also, despite their heft, they're snappy guns. And uncomfortable to shoot, too. Their ergonomics SUCK.

They're well made and in good examples, the bluing is fantastic.

-J-

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    They ARE good shooters.

But using them for target practice...effort in futility unless you shot it in SA mode only.

Not quite 27lbs, I don't think. 24lbs rings in my head. But, you can get a main spring meant for a Walther PPK and install it; should clean that DA trigger right up.

Also, despite their heft, they're snappy guns. And uncomfortable to shoot, too. Their ergonomics SUCK.

They're well made and in good examples, the bluing is fantastic.

-J-
    +1 it is indeed 24lbs the spring kits you can by for them will reduce it to 19lbs and thats comfortable i think..... they had to have alot of helf to the spring to shoot there submachine gun ammo the primers on that ammo are very hard

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Had one; it was a nice gun. I only sold it to fund larger purchases.

Great single action trigger pull, and that thing was a tack driver out to about 25 yards. Its a very nice defensive pistol on par with the Bersa's, in my opinion. Just a slightly more potent round.

Double action trigger was HEAVY. You really have to want it for it to work in double action, but it was doable.

Never had an failures out of mine, and ammo was always cheap. I ordered it online. I carried mine on my ankle and on my hip many times before I sold it.

I say go for it; they're great little guns for the price.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    I love mine, but yes the trigger is a beast to pull. The gun is accurate and reliable. I use a shooting glove to tame this monster on the range. I usually shoot 100 rounds before I say enough. I do pocket carry it once and awhile. It is all metal and heavy, and only has a 6 shot magazine. I bought mine several years ago for $150. I would recommend it as a cheap, reliable range gun.

Top Bottom