• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    No, you just have to vote at the old polling location.

Happened to me when I moved from Brownsburg to Plainfield. Had to drive back up to Brownsburg to vote. The people at the polling places are very helpful.

Tripp11

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    What would happen if his photo ID had an address in South Bend, IN (new address) but his voting records still listed his old address in Indianapolis, IN?

Would a voter be turned away because their photo ID has an address listed not at that particular polling location where the voter is registered?

I guess I could stop being lazy and go find the answer myself!

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    What would happen if his photo ID had an address in South Bend, IN (new address) but his voting records still listed his old address in Indianapolis, IN?

Would a voter be turned away because their photo ID has an address listed not at that particular polling location where the voter is registered?

I guess I could stop being lazy and go find the answer myself!

If your DL was changed, they should have automatically changed it in the voter registration rolls at the BMV.

So, chances of this happening are slim to none, but I suppose it's possible.

To answer the question directly, your ID only verifies your identity, not residence. That is still established through the Registration rolls.

I don't think they'd turn you away, but you might be committing voter fraud.

Top Bottom