• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Looks great! The upper is easier to build then the lower. You won't have any issue. Aligning the barrel nut so the gas tube lines up with the BCG is the hardest part and it's not that hard. Be sure to use some moly lube on the nut so it can easily be removed if you want to swap the barrel. I am eager to see the finished project!

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Looks great Lebowski, I'm really getting the itch to try an 80% poly for nothing more than just to try one. Looking at your thread just makes me want to try it even more. Cant wait to hear how it does once you get it together! Would you happen to know what the assembled width of the lower in the jig is and what size drill press did you use I have an 8" model... Just wondering if it will fit in my drill press mil...

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Looks great Lebowski, I'm really getting the itch to try an 80% poly for nothing more than just to try one. Looking at your thread just makes me want to try it even more. Cant wait to hear how it does once you get it together! Would you happen to know what the assembled width of the lower in the jig is and what size drill press did you use I have an 8" model... Just wondering if it will fit in my drill press mil...

A lot of people do them with the small Harbor Freight drill presses.

55fairlane

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    New Haven
    Polymer80 units are decent, my gen 1 broke with a dedicated .22 upper,called loran at Polymer80,he replaced with a new gen 2 with jig and tooling! we spoke about Polymers,and he gave some tech specks on how and why the gen 1's failed

I used a milling machine (in my garage ) and have finished a a few in plastic and auilm, give it a try,very forgiving lower to make !

great looking build !

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Lower parts kit should ship today. Order was placed over the weekend and AIMSurplus charged me today. Order was 'pending verification' since I ordered some AK mags too and I guess any order with mags in it gets manually reviewed to make sure they're not sending 'high capacity' mags to restricted states...

Anywho, will be happy to get the LPK. Curious how well everything will fit in the lower and if I'll need to remove anymore material or not. I may upgrade to some anti-walk pins or something to keep things in place. We'll see :)

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Woops. Everyone is out of stock of AR lower parts kits that when I finally found one in stock I just tossed it in my cart and ordered without reading the description. This arrived today: New Frontier Armory C-9 Lower Receiver Parts Kit

Looks like it's specifically for the C9 9mm lower....

I'm an idiot...

Check the classified soon if you want to buy it, since I have no use for it... d'oh!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Woops. Everyone is out of stock of AR lower parts kits that when I finally found one in stock I just tossed it in my cart and ordered without reading the description. This arrived today: New Frontier Armory C-9 Lower Receiver Parts Kit

Looks like it's specifically for the C9 9mm lower....

I'm an idiot...

Check the classified soon if you want to buy it, since I have no use for it... d'oh!

PM me with a price, I've been thinking about going a 9mm.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    So the barrel came in today. The handguard will come in Monday but I had a spare handguard from a previous build to do a mockup.

UbZO7xg.jpg

Still needs lower internals, upper internals and gas system as well as muzzle device. Still a bit to go but it's starting to look like an AR pistol.

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Alright, it's coming together. Got the handguard in yesterday.

bATYhqo.jpg

8i4nD9d.jpg

It's not properly fitted in the photos but will dig out my upper vice block and get it on and lined up properly after I get my gas block and gas tube in. Then I'll be sure to get it all lined up properly.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Solid, this is relevant to my interests.

I like how they beefed up the critical areas, rather than just making a polymer copy of USGI specs.

I ordered their Glock 80% frame kit, they should be shipping mid March! (Fingers crossed)

Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Update: After some consideration I've decided to use the Polymer80 lower on a different, future build. The parts pictured in this thread have been transferred over to a RIA stripped lower I bought from the LGS today. I figured the polymer lower would be better for a 22LR or 9mm build.... and because I eventually want to supress 300BLK I assume I'm going to need a proper lower and not one I milled myself.

Top Bottom