• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    While I know this isn't 100% correct, it's as close as a person can get aside from the real thing. I'd love to own an original from World War Two, but unfortunately the funds are just not available. However, while looking for different grips for my RIA M200, I stumbled across this modification a guy on Reddit had made and decided to give it a try using the same D-frame grips, except in walnut instead of "ivory." I'll share the information and links below but I thought it was worth sharing. I basically had to sand the top down to make a more snug fit and I'll have to fabricate a flat plug to make up for the small gap at the base the grip but that should be doable. Unfortunately, I left my tanker holster at my parents' house and will have to pick it up at a later date else I'd share a picture it in that. Regardless, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It fits nicely in my hand and is much more comfortable than those awful hard plastic "combat" grips. Lastly, I would love to add a lanyard ring but that's outside of abilities so it'll have to do as is.

Here's the Reddit link I used as reference.
    Here's a link to the grips, though they are currently out of stock.

If anyone has any advice for filling on the gap, let me know!

tempImageXndoRm.jpg tempImagextryQJ.jpg

Lpherr

Occupied
    Those look nice. You could use either a strip of walnut, or something contrasting to fill the gap. A black piece would look good.

I make 1911 grips on occasion.

1641840193085.png 1641840228858.png

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    While I know this isn't 100% correct, it's as close as a person can get aside from the real thing. I'd love to own an original from World War Two, but unfortunately the funds are just not available. However, while looking for different grips for my RIA M200, I stumbled across this modification a guy on Reddit had made and decided to give it a try using the same D-frame grips, except in walnut instead of "ivory." I'll share the information and links below but I thought it was worth sharing. I basically had to sand the top down to make a more snug fit and I'll have to fabricate a flat plug to make up for the small gap at the base the grip but that should be doable. Unfortunately, I left my tanker holster at my parents' house and will have to pick it up at a later date else I'd share a picture it in that. Regardless, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. It fits nicely in my hand and is much more comfortable than those awful hard plastic "combat" grips. Lastly, I would love to add a lanyard ring but that's outside of abilities so it'll have to do as is.

Here's the Reddit link I used as reference.
    Here's a link to the grips, though they are currently out of stock.

If anyone has any advice for filling on the gap, let me know!

View attachment 175458 View attachment 175459
    I'm seriously thinking about getting the M200 for a plunking revolver. I've got a lot of 38 special laying around and nothing to use it in. This would hold me over until I find a 357 magnum in a Ruger Redhawk 8 shot, or a S&W 627 8 shot, or a GP100 7 shot. Maybe a Henry 357 magnum lever action rifle.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    I'm seriously thinking about getting the M200 for a plunking revolver. I've got a lot of 38 special laying around and nothing to use it in. This would hold me over until I find a 357 magnum in a Ruger Redhawk 8 shot, or a S&W 627 8 shot, or a GP100 7 shot. Maybe a Henry 357 magnum lever action rifle.
    I originally got my M200 for that very reason. I figured I might as well put the grips on and modify them to fit it. Worse case scenario I'm out the $40 I spent on them. I have a Redhawk 8 shot .357 with a 2.75" barrel and I love it. I actually carry it quite often.

Top Bottom