• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Attempted to get in some range time this morning at Pop Guns. Arrived at 11:15 and got in line. Was told that there would be an hour wait. No big deal - I can shop around, look at their ridiculous prices, chat with others shooters. An hour goes by and i check my position in line and I still have three shooters ahead of me - at least another hour - although if I want to buy a membership for $149, I can get on the range immediately. NOT A CHANCE.

@1:30 I inquired about my position in line and was told I would be on a lane in 20 minutes. So, I figured I waited this long - I'll wait it out. Just as my lane opens up, a member comes in and bumps me.

So - I basically hung around a gun shop for 2 hours today. Didn't get to handle anything fun - didn't get to hear any war stories, didn't get to watch anyone sing country music, and didn't get any secondhand smoke.

I walked out in a huff. I've REPEATEDLY tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and they've repeatedly crapped on me. I will never give them another cent of my business.

I did watch a gentleman buying a derringer need to be coached filling out a 4473. Apparently he answered a few questions wrong and was told in no uncertain terms what the answers to those questions needed to be before they could sell him the gun. I expect to see that kind of behavior on the other side of town but not at Pop's.

I need to join MCFG asap. Even if I were to go back to Pop Guns, I doubt they'd let me shoot.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Yeah, my last outing at Pops convinced me of the same thing. Just can't decide between MCFG or Atlanta CC. I'm smack-dab in the middle of the two.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    MCFG is a good choice if you live in the general area. They have monthly meetings (7pm 3/2 is the next one) where you can attend, learn about the place and join. If you want to preview the range, you might be able to get someone to bring you as a guest (free to look around, $10 to shoot).

More info at the MCFG web site.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    never go into pop guns unless you are a cop or you will be treated like crap. Most of us Vets have more trigger time than any of those rude ******* in there, but they still try to push there knowledge of nothing on you and swear by products that have been proven to be junk by soldiers down range. they can keep there holy'er than thou attitude because my money is going somewhere else. id rather pay a higher price to not have to deal with *** holes like the ones in pop guns!

Top Bottom