• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    If PopGuns had prices like Bradis you wouldn't be able to get in the door!

Saturday morning my buddy and I went shooting at PopGuns. We arrived at about ten til ten and there were already five vehicles waiting. By the time it was close to ten at least five more had shown up and we were starting to line up outside the door. After the doors opened and we lined up inside there were at least thirty customers in there. I had never seen it that busy. Most of us were there to shoot but there were some people looking at guns. We shot and had our fun and when we came out of the range there were just as many if not more people.

I am not a business man and probably never will be but I know if they had lower prices it couldn't hurt them. Also, the employees seemed a lot nicer this time or maybe it was because a certain person wasn't working. Either way this trip was the most enjoyable for me so far.

I also want to throw it out there that I think they should up there inventory. They have the basics but not a lot of what I like to look at. Everyone knows Glocks, Xd's, the common stuff. I had to drive to Bradis to find what I wanted to handle.

Conclusion:
    Convenience of location to me-Great
    Range-Good
    Gun Prices-Too high!
    Customer Service-Good and seems to be getting better
    Inventory-Pretty Basic

Thanks For Reading
    Doug

Last edited:

SKSnut

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    I agree with everything you said about the store itself, but it shows that Indy is in need of a good indoor shooting range.

i was there saturday too, they need more people behind the counter. But when i did get service it was very helpful:)

nightjunio

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Indianapolis
    i agree with you in every word, there is usually a crowd in there and the wait to talk to someone is long. last time i was there for over 1/2 hour before i got to ask one of the guys for the holster i wa slooking for, and to top it off they did not have the serpa lock holster for mu gun in stock

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If they're lined up that deep, then the prices aren't too high. Clearly people are willing to pay it and wait in line for the privilege of doing so, so why would you lower it?

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    If they're lined up that deep, then the prices aren't too high. Clearly people are willing to pay it and wait in line for the privilege of doing so, so why would you lower it?

I apologize, my reference was to their firearm prices. Out of all the times I've been in there I've only seen a gun being sold once. I don't have any complaints on their range fees since there isn't anywhere else for me to go when it's cold out.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I apologize, my reference was to their firearm prices. Out of all the times I've been in there I've only seen a gun being sold once. I don't have any complaints on their range fees since there isn't anywhere else for me to go when it's cold out.

No argument there. I've been trying to learn to love shooting in the cold. :):

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I shot on Sunday AM right when they opened. we were lined up six people deep to get in the door. Range was clean and functional. I unfortunately was shooting next to an individual who was shooting a target that at some points was no more than five feet from him. He wasn't a bad shot, but a large number of his shots ricocheted off the posts down range. It got rather annoying. Also was doing a lot of one handed shooting. Also thought it strange that he shot an entire box of HST's but who am I to judge.

steve666

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Indianapolis Eastside
    I'm good with the range and the range fees since there isn't really anywhere else for me to go. My main complaints are the gun prices and the lack of variety.

I agree, their merchandise prices are through the roof. I used to use them for transfers but found that it was a lot cheaper to use Wanamaker. Unfortunately, they are the only show in town for an indoor range (forget Don's).

Top Bottom