• Status
    Not open for further replies.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    Some members are posting 3,4,5 even 6 guns at a time. Also, you have members "selling for a friend or relative". It appears the first are running a business and the later are doing consignment sales. Seems there is an increasing number of guys who will not post pictures or post a stock picture. Members need to be able to see what the person is selling or wanting to trade. Possible remedy by only allowing a single post per gun plus a specified number per week or month. You have certain members clogging up occasional posters by constantly adding posts and bumping. A guy can have his post shoved from page 1 to page 3 in a matter of hours. This is not fair to the occasional poster. It also clogs up the whole Firearms section. THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE GOOD OF ALL FELLOW MEMBERS?

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Some members are posting 3,4,5 even 6 guns at a time. Also, you have members "selling for a friend or relative". It appears the first are running a business and the later are doing consignment sales. Seems there is an increasing number of guys who will not post pictures or post a stock picture. Members need to be able to see what the person is selling or wanting to trade. Possible remedy by only allowing a single post per gun plus a specified number per week or month. You have certain members clogging up occasional posters by constantly adding posts and bumping. A guy can have his post shoved from page 1 to page 3 in a matter of hours. This is not fair to the occasional poster. It also clogs up the whole Firearms section. THOUGHTS OR SUGGESTIONS FOR THE GOOD OF ALL FELLOW MEMBERS?

There are no rules regarding the number of guns you can sell, or even rules against making a profit. We have neither the time nor the inclination to count the number of guns a person sells, or keep track of how much they make off them. It would literally be a full-time job. That said, there are most certainly people who read INGO who do have both the time, the inclination, and the funding as well as the ability to back it up with a subpoena if necessary. I would advise any seller to take responsibility for yourself to ensure that your sales are legal. INGO will not take responsibility for you.

We do have rules against someone who is a business owner using INGO as a free sales storefront since we have advertisers who pay for the privilege. If you have specific information that someone is doing that, please contact a staff member and we will take it under advisement.

As for pictures and bumps, you are correct. While there is no rule requiring pictures, it's good business sense to include one. Also, there IS a rule regarding pictures, but it's to prevent early bumps from people requesting them. Early bumps themselves are dealt with as quickly as we find them. Dozens per day, in fact.

It's because of the "dozens per day" issue that members who violate the stated classified rules will start to find their access to the Classifieds restricted.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    Thanks, Scutter01. Just my opinion. There are defintely those who are wiser than I when it comes to the operation of this forum. Again, thank you.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    As for some people only using just the classifieds, I've read some of the other threads and there is a LOT of incoherent ramblings and useless chit-chat. Scant useful information. Personally, I avoid these areas. It is a waste of time. Does any one know a cure for the hiccups? Know what I mean?

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    As for some people only using just the classifieds, I've read some of the other threads and there is a LOT of incoherent ramblings and useless chit-chat. Scant useful information. Personally, I avoid these areas. It is a waste of time. Does any one know a cure for the hiccups? Know what I mean?

I won't argue that there are useless posts around, but there is also A LOT of great information to be found here as well as valuable personal opinions on various items. I don't mean for you to take this personally, but if you're having trouble finding useful information I would say it's because you're really not looking for it. Or, if there is some piece of information/advice you're looking for, starting a new thread in the appropriate subforum will get you several answers in short order. Some people are only here for the classifieds and I think that's unfortunate as I'm sure they probably have some great information to share with the group as well as many things they could learn from others. Sorry for the thread-jack.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

if you were the one with the hiccups you wouldn't think it was useless. :D

Okay a flippant answer, but made to suggest that some of the useless chit chat is actually useful for some.

Seancass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Near Whiteland, IN
    I'm sure it's been brought up before, but i still think breaking the Classifieds up into handguns and long guns could clear up a lot of congestion. I forget why it was turned down by the moderators, but i know they had a good reason.

signut49

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 29, 2009
    Wherever I want
    It is so much fun stirring the sh-- bucket. Opinions are like a--holes, everybody has one including me. Thanks for the input, being positive or negative. The is the only way to improve things.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom