• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • straittactical

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   1
    Dec 16, 2008
    I like looking at animals that have been stuffed so i figured we could start a post were people could post pics of the trophys. I personally have none but I have a Black bear rug and a whitetail buck in the progress now. I will be sure to post pics of them when i get them back. also post where you took the animal at.
    If there is already a post similiar to this then Mods go ahead and delete it.
    looking forward to seeing pics Fish are welcome too!!!

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    Never had anything of my own done.
    This is my girlfreinds. She had never been fishing so I took her down to potato creek and rented a boat, first fish she pulled in was this 20" LM. I took it home and had it done for her for christmas.
    Really have to give a shoutout to Ayers Taxidermy in Plymouth on this. I forgot I wanted to have it done, it was deer season and no taxidermist would consider doing it, said it was wrong time of year or 6-9 months......
    I called the owner of Ayers 3 weeks before Christmas and explained that it was her first and I really wanted to have it done for Christmas. He had it done several days before Christmas and she loves it...
    Very happy with the work and service!! 3 weeks was a HUGE favor for a 19 year old kid who had never dealt with them before.
    nq8bnq.jpg

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    Never had anything of my own done.
    This is my girlfreinds. She had never been fishing so I took her down to potato creek and rented a boat, first fish she pulled in was this 20" LM. I took it home and had it done for her for christmas.
    Really have to give a shoutout to Ayers Taxidermy in Plymouth on this. I forgot I wanted to have it done, it was deer season and no taxidermist would consider doing it, said it was wrong time of year or 6-9 months......
    I called the owner of Ayers 3 weeks before Christmas and explained that it was her first and I really wanted to have it done for Christmas. He had it done several days before Christmas and she loves it...
    Very happy with the work and service!! 3 weeks was a HUGE favor for a 19 year old kid who had never dealt with them before.

That was really nice of him to help you out. Word of mouth advertising will work great for him. It looks like he did a great job as well.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Crap mount, taxidermist got in the midst of a divorce, had his apprentice do it.
    Yeah, apprentice on a 177 and change gross deer. Not happy. Haven't popped another big one yet to have it redone (will have Neil Fowler do it, pretty good work).

ge8sk.jpg

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Nailed this Albino Whitetail last year. Mounted her 26 times just to get it right. I guess I'm a perfectionist.
    Not sure what the legal limit is, but I know I reached mine with this one.

cattelan2.jpg

I caught her with my wallet in one hand and my brother in the other.
    Dropped at 5 feet with a 14# Cast Iron Skillet w/ Fresh Bacon and Eggs.

Never Cheat on a Taxidermist.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rizzo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Did that rhino just order a drink?!?!?!

Nope! Chuck Testa.

[ame]http://youtu.be/LJP1DphOWPs[/ame]

Top Bottom