Ruger 77/22 with Nikon Prostaff 3-9X40 and AAC Pilot:

77-22Pilot1.jpg

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Jeez that looks like a very fun (and expensive! :yesway:) little collection there.

Suppressors are about the cheapest NFA items to get, and very well worth the price.

How does that run? I want to get a can for my wife's P22 within the next year. Is it reliable?

Runs great. Most newer P22's run pretty decent anyways, but a suppressor will actually make them more reliable. The can adds backpressure, which in turn keeps the pistol functioning once it gets dirty. I have two .22 cans, the Pilot and a YHM Mite. The Mite is a user serviceable can, so it can be taken apart to be cleaned. I would recommend a user serviceable can. The SWR Spectre is a nice one. A little more expensive, but made of stainless steel, rated for full-auto .22LR, and is also rated for semi-auto .22WMR, .17HMR, and 5.7X28. We have them in stock at 21st Century.

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Suppressors are about the cheapest NFA items to get, and very well worth the price.

Sorry to highjack but how much does it cost to get the classIII for a can? (edit - disregard, I found the info in a different thread. Gotta love the search function :rolleyes: :): ) At first I was considering getting just a PDW/carry weapon but the more that I think about it something like a P22/mkIII with a can looks like a lot of fun! :rockwoot: Not for defense but just for plinking and whatnot. The investment is relative; ~$400 for the weapon + ~$400 for a can and then the stamp on top of that is a healthy investment for one like myself. I'd really only consider getting a p22 if I could get it all at once...I have a severe case of "give-it-to-me-now-itis" :):

Also shooter, that 10/22 is a bad mamma jamma. :yesway:

Last edited:

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    My rimfire family:

• Ruger 10/22
    • Ruger 10/22
    • Marlin 983S
    • Marlin 981T
    • Remington 514 (for my 5yr old this summer, if he earns it)
    • Heritage Rough Rider

2qmpug5.jpg

qp1hxf.jpg

Top Bottom