• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    Big weekend is upon us so I was wondering if anyone has ever used a Hotel safe to secure their Edc? As far as I can tell this is going to be the only way to pull it off. I really do not want to go through the registration process for a few hours.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    What registration? When in a hotel, when carrying legally, my EDC is on me, or next to the bed. It only goes in the safe if I go to the pool......Please explain what you mean "pull it off"?

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    What registration? When in a hotel, when carrying legally, my EDC is on me, or next to the bed. It only goes in the safe if I go to the pool......Please explain what you mean "pull it off"?
    We are attending our Sons Graduation next week. Technically because I will not be on official business carry is off limits on a Government Facility. Thus I would have to register my Edc with the base even to have it in a lock box in our vehicle.

By pulling it off I was referring to having my Edc with me to and from. The other option would be to travel with out it, not really something I care to do.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    We are attending our Sons Graduation next week. Technically because I will not be on official business carry is off limits on a Government Facility. Thus I would have to register my Edc with the base even to have it in a lock box in our vehicle.

By pulling it off I was referring to having my Edc with me to and from. The other option would be to travel with out it, not really something I care to do.
    Ok, I get it, maybe find a hotel close to the base, lock it up, at hotel, when on base, but carry off base. Or maybe just register it on base, get a TSA box to and from base gate....

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Ok, I get it, maybe find a hotel close to the base, lock it up, at hotel, when on base, but carry off base. Or maybe just register it on base, get a TSA box to and from base gate....
    Thinking While not optimal I am going to have to leave it at the Hotel We will be staying at the night before. I stay at their brand hotel a lot so I can get a 15:00 late check out at no extra cost.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'd hide it in the hotel room before I left it in the room safe.
    Hook the "Do Not Disturb" placard on the door handle and leave specific instructions with the front desk that you're working nights and don't want to be bothered by housekeeping.
    This works. And many major hotel chains now have stopped doing daily turns "due to covid" and stay out of your room all together now until you leave. (unless its a long term stay and then its every 5 days typically or upon request.) I know Hilton does that. At least Hampton Inns.

I'd also suggest a travel lockbox with a cable and see if you can find something solid to attach it to.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    This works. And many major hotel chains now have stopped doing daily turns "due to covid" and stay out of your room all together now until you leave. (unless its a long term stay and then its every 5 days typically or upon request.) I know Hilton does that. At least Hampton Inns.

I'd also suggest a travel lockbox with a cable and see if you can find something solid to attach it to.
    Agreed dont be a statistic have your firearm secured and out of sight. And I do not mean in the console or glove box. Our Two main personal vehicles have vehicle specific secure storage that would be a challenge to defeat. Unfortunately there are times when they get used.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    I'd hide it in the hotel room before I left it in the room safe.
    Hook the "Do Not Disturb" placard on the door handle and leave specific instructions with the front desk that you're working nights and don't want to be bothered by housekeeping.
    Oh no not the room safe, I meant the hotel safe in the front office. I texted a co worker last night he has done it before with out issue and states stating very clear expectations right out of the gate Is the best way to insure there are no problems.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Big weekend is upon us so I was wondering if anyone has ever used a Hotel safe to secure their Edc? As far as I can tell this is going to be the only way to pull it off. I really do not want to go through the registration process for a few hours.

I take one of those travel safes on a cable, secure it to furniture in the room, and leave my gun and any other valuables in it if I go somewhere I can't carry (say, swimming). I leave the "do not disturb" sign on the door and go about my way.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

Generally military bases require it (I had to register mine for Bataan, which is just sending the s/n to the post provost marshal and getting paperwork that you're approved to have it, which is different then approved to carry it, since I originally intended to camp on post).

Hawaii also requires it if you're there for 5 days or more with any firearm and makes it a giant PITA on purpose to dissuade you, IMO.

Top Bottom