• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jay

Gotta watch us old guys.....cause if you don't....
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2008
    Near Marion, IN
    There are more than a few sayings out there... "you'll perform as you train.... if you train" One of my favorites is, "it's difficult to remember that your initial objective was to drain the swamp, when you've got a gator hanging on your a$$".

I think a person's training should reflect their daily activities. By that, I mean, I'm an old fart, and keep a pretty low profile. I have no need or desire for tactical, ninja, force-on-force training. I'M NOT SAYING THERE'S NO NEED FOR THAT TYPE OF TRAINING, just that an aggressor will have to go out of their way to adversely affect me. I exercise situational awareness to the extreme, and it has served me very well in a few cases, that could have turned very bad, very quick, but did not. The skills that I deem appropriate for my lifestyle, and habits, I work on, and I've become pretty good at them over the years.

Do a search for ... course of fire ... and you'll come up with several routines that may interest you. I think that at one time or another, some training should be sought, by every shooter. If you can't learn any more because you know it all, then you're very special. Learning how to shoot your way out of a confrontation, is important, but learning how to avoid letting yourself into a shooting situation, in the first place, is even better.

Practice dealing with situations that you might encounter in your normal daily activities, and include folks, if you can, who might be affected. The time to develop a plan is BEFORE you need it.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Practice dealing with situations that you might encounter in your normal daily activities, and include folks, if you can, who might be affected. The time to develop a plan is BEFORE you need it.

I do what he's ^ trained me to do...and yes, my family is included.
    "Practice breeds proficiency." I heard that somewhere a time or two...

Top Bottom