• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    What are the data caps on some of these plans? Assuming unlimited txt's are a given, I rarely talk anymore, but can blow through data pretty quickly.

Out on the road driving, my phone is radio, news, tv, jukebox. Similarly, at home the phone fills in the occasional network issue and will tether as a hotspot when needed.

I'm not sure the AT&T data usage isn't a bit loaded in their favor?

I’ve been a non major network user for the past 20 years. I had Net10 @ $53 a month for a good part of it and they use AT&T for their network and offer 6/8 gigs of data usage. Pretty good service but Customer service really sucked. I switched to Metro PCS that offers 28 gigs a month for 4LTe data at $50 on T-Mobile towers. Customer service is great but T-Mobile towers are few and far between ( they suck) I do use roaming data/calls sometimes with no extra charges. I just figured that on them though and wouldn’t pay it anyway.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I have used all of the big carriers in the past, either for personal use or work and got to the point where I hated all of them for one reason or another. I'll never go back to the big carriers. I've been on Straight Talk for ~2 years now and very much recommend them.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Crickett has no roaming fees.
    100% nationwide talk and text for me is $25 p/month.
    That is the rate I started with 2 years ago and I just keep it paid in advance.
    No mention of raising my rates or lower my services.

I have traveled to Chiraq and Columbus Indiana, both of which are far from my home area.
    Reception was perfect, and zero extra fees.

One small quirk that is a p.i.a sometimes.
    With Crickett, I have to dial the area code on every call, even local.
    For the savings, it's a small price to pay.
    We have to do that for all calls (here in Indy) now. The 317 area code "filled up" so they have assigned a new area code for any new service (765 I think). I just assumed it was a statewide thing.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    Happy Straight Talk user here, on the AT&T network. I buy my own devices so they're good to deal with. $49/month after taxes for unlimited talk/text/web, although they'll throttle your bandwidth after you hit 10GB for your billing cycle.

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    H2O Wireless now for about five years. No shortage of coverage wherever I have been ('cept for Canada and then used whatsapp).
    Pay as you go @ 90 day terms. Prepaid unlimited starting at $27 (3gb of data). Runs on ATT towers (use your att phone or your tmobile phone or an unlocked phone)
    When I have had to call them (~4-5x), they pick up and speak recognizable english AND fix the problem.
    https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/mainControl.php?page=index

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    me and the g/f use Tracfone and it works out to $25 a month for the both of us with smart phones.....have been with them for years and very happy with them....everything unused rolls over...

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    It's funny I see this thread today. I have been looking at replacing my Verizon plan with xfinity mobile. It is only 45 per month. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the fact I can't use my Galaxy s5. Xfinity mobile uses Verizon network. -Jason

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    We've been using straight talk for around 3 years. I buy my phones. This black Friday, walmart has an iPhone 6 for $129 bucks. I believe the deal is good for online ordering as well. I pay for the $55/month plan, as I work a bunch and don't like to piggyback onto my work wifi. My wife runs the $45 plan. For two phones with at least 10GB data, it's definitely worth it for 100 bucks plus the ten or 15 in fees.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    One small quirk that is a p.i.a sometimes.
    With Crickett, I have to dial the area code on every call, even local.
    For the savings, it's a small price to pay.

Its not Cricket. Its EVERYBODY in this area.

It's funny I see this thread today. I have been looking at replacing my Verizon plan with xfinity mobile. It is only 45 per month. The only thing I'm having trouble with is the fact I can't use my Galaxy s5. Xfinity mobile uses Verizon network. -Jason

You can buy a SIM card from Straight Talk and use your Verizon phone for about the same cost.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    It's really, really good to see all this competition. Even if you choose to still use the big boys, they have to remain competitive pricewise. Wasn't that long ago, they really had us by the short hairs on top of locking us into long contracts.

Top Bottom