• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    It was announced this morning, that while Janet Jackson and Lady Antebellum cancelled their concerts that were supposed to take place at the Indiana State Fair. Maroon 5 and Train, that were set to perform on Thursday, have moved their concert to Conseco Fieldhouse in Downton Indy.

The cool thing is that the Fair and the bands are donating all of the proceeds from the concert to the Indiana State Fair Rememberance Fund. The bands obviously did not have to do this, as it is how they make a living. I find it inspiring that the big bands from LA are willing to donate all of their proceeds to this fund in a state they have nothing to do with.

Tickets were sold for 35, 45 and 55 dollars. The fair said around 10k seats were sold. Obviously there are factors that make this a rough number, but based on the average of ticket prices this comes up to $450,000.00. Take out whatever they have to pay for the employees and I bet it's still north of 400k.

Note**Conseco is also waiving their rental fee for the concert.

I'm sure you could look at it as a publicity stunt if you're one of the more cynical among us, but I try not to.

A big +1 to all of those involved.

Top Bottom