• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    I have been trying to get an idea of how much a few guns are worth. I aquired severial pistols from a friend of mine who passed away. I'm not interested in keeping them and am thinging about selling them. I am having trouble finding some of them on the internet for sale sites. I have tried Gunbroker etc but no luck. Does anyone have any idea where I can look this info up. Thanks in advance. Please dont PM me with offers or questions reguarding the sale of them. I didn't write this post to sell them, only to find out what they are worth.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    You could go ask to a couple of gun stores if you can.
    They may even give you prices on the phone if they are interested.

ccrise

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    Mishawaka, IN
    Must have been a good friend to think enuff of you to leave you something in his will when he passed away ...

Yes he was a very close friend. He used the best gun to take his life. So so sad. We had that gun melted down. I just couldn't keep it. He will be missed. Thanks for all your inputs.

vork08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    NWI
    One thing you can do is check all the gun auctions. The "blue book of gun values" will give you an arbitrary number, but not what you could sell it for. If you check internet classifieds and see what is being asked for them, then compare to what they are actually being sold for-sort of a "buy now" vs. auction winning bid.
    You will definately get a range that you could expect to bring in on each piece.

longhuntr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    While you can use the gun digest books,they often don't reflect real world prices.I've found the most accurate way is to check gunsamerica or even hoosiertopics and see what they are actually selling for.The gun books don't take into account local trends, or new info, like companies going out of business.Granted some of the prices are inflated, and you have to take them with a grain of salt, but you can average them out and come pretty close.Guns, like anything else, are only worth what someone will pay for them.However they do hold their value better tham most.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have a gun value book, If you'd like you can PM me the info and I will send you what my book says....sometimes the book I have tells little details if the gun is more rare or there is an interesting story behind its production.

Top Bottom