• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    So, I have a baby on the way, and am partially coming to terms that it may be likely I need to get rid of a gun to help with the financial burden.

I know there is a difference between new prices, built guns, new accessories, used accessories, etc. So thus I come here to get some help for the experts.

What I have is a Franken AR. And I am looking from a rough price point for a private sale or a dealer sale. I know its not top of the line nor does it have $500 accessories on it. But it works for what Ive used it for.

Here is what I have:

• Rock River Lower
    • Colt Forge M4 Stamped Upper
    • Oly BCG
    • Yankee Hill Diamond Rail
    • Magpul MBUS Sights
    • Dusk Cover
    • Forward Assist
    • Sight Mark Red Dot w Canti Mount
    • AFG Grip
    • (2) Thermold Mags
    • (1) 10 Rounder (Metal)
    • BSA 6x24x40
    • Hogue Grip
    • 200-250 .223/5.56 rounds
    Thats about all I can think of right now. Any advice or figures would be great.

Thanks Nick

IMG_0580.jpg

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    What did you pay for all that? What kind of condition is it in? How many rounds though it? The easiest way to determine your price is to A) know what you want out of it B) know what you have in it & C) determine how bad you need to sell it.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    I traded a Mathews Bow and some other equipment for it. I know how much was in my bow, but it was a spare bow, so thats why I am kinda asking here, as I didnt "pay" for it.

Right now I dont NEED to sell it, but in a few weeks, or a month or 3 (I dont know if I will) feel like I WANT to to make things easier, I may have to.

I just wanted to ask so I dont look like a tool asking way to much, but I am not going to sell it super cheap cause I have to have money yesterday, if that makes sense.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Can't give specifics but add new cost of everything (sale prices if applicable) then start at 80% of that number. Must also factor in any ugly scratches or dents. When buying used I also figure 75% -80%. In like new condition. Sorry to hear it's come to this. Any way possible, always buy once.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I dont really get this I have a baby on the way so I have to sell all my toys mindset. I understand that if you are truly in a bad finacial situation things might have to get sold, but I would rather live without a few of the extras and keep the things that can protect me and what matters to me. I havent been the best with money but, living on a budget and saving has done wonders all thanks to Dave Ramsey. BTW I do have 1 kid and know what it is like. Plus mine spent the first 10 weeks of his life in the hospital so things were deffinitely tough, and I did have to sell some toys but kept the important ones.

Sorry for the tangent, my opinion on the value given the current market would be in the 800-900 range for the gun top dollar A-1 condition. 600-700 for less than A1 but in good condition

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    The truth of the matter, a Franken AR with some unknown barrel just doesn't spark a buying frenzy here on INGO. I say put it in a local auction with a reserve of $500. You'd be amazed at what people will bid.

D2VW14_20

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Scottsburg In
    So your telling me a better complete lower and a better receiver, with an unknown barrel at this time is worth less than a DPMS??? That makes zero sense.

Feelings are feelings, but you've been given some good advice.

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay.

Might want to tell that to a lot of people in the marketplace here.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    Just because people ask for certain price in the marketplace does not mean it sells for that price. Most of them sit there for weeks with daily bumps untill they end up lowering the price to what someone will pay. I think the auction idea is a good one, you can raise the reserve price if you feel that is not enough. At an auction you have the advantage of some people not knowing all there is know about ARs other than the local prices for a new gun and you might get someone bid up 900 or more for it. who knows. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Urimun
    Top Bottom