• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I had never heard of this before but way back in 1997, before Columbine, Luke Woodham killed his mother and grabbed a .30-30 and went to his school and began shooting students. After killing two and wounding seven, he got in his car and started to drive to another school before the police were there to stop him and was stopped by Asst. Principal Myrick who had gone to his vehicle to retrieve his handgun. It's quite possible that a death or injury could have been prevented if he had been allowed to have his gun on him instead of in his vehicle as well.

A principal and his gun

Wikipedia

My various googlings seem to back this up as a true account, some news organization needs to interview Myrick.

Gino66

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    SWIN
    how amazing, the media buried this story. i can't believe that after 14+ years, I had not heard of this man. He earned my respect, what discipline to not have squeezed the trigger. I don't know that I am man enough to hold off on that 4# pull.....

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I had never heard of this before but way back in 1997, before Columbine, Luke Woodham killed his mother and grabbed a .30-30 and went to his school and began shooting students. After killing two and wounding seven, he got in his car and started to drive to another school before the police were there to stop him and was stopped by Asst. Principal Myrick who had gone to his vehicle to retrieve his handgun. It's quite possible that a death or injury could have been prevented if he had been allowed to have his gun on him instead of in his vehicle as well.

A principal and his gun

Wikipedia

My various googlings seem to back this up as a true account, some news organization needs to interview Myrick.

Counting this, there are seven mentions of this case on INGO; Thank you for re-posting it, it's a story that needs to be heard, told, and known.

[ame]http://www.google.com/search?as_q=%22pearl%2C+ms%22+site%3Aingunowners.com&as_epq=&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=[/ame]

Rep inbound.

Blessings,
    Bill

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    Bill I tried the integrated vbulliten search and didn't see anything..never thought of trying the google route. Thanks!

Top Bottom