• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Neal

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 7, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    I recently acquired a Taurus PT145 Millenium Pro is a trade. Looked like a great gun and thought I got a good deal until I started chambering rounds threw it and noticed the brass was takin a real beating. Looked as if it was catching on something and stripping the brass away in the gun. Sure enough I take the gun apart and there bits of brass in the slide. Anyone had this problem before? I could use a little advise. Let me know what you guys think.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I had a PT111 Pro (same gun, just 9mm) that was always really rough on brass, but I never found bits in the slide. I'm assuming it is clean and lubricated. Are there any uneven spots on the slide? What about the extractor? Taurus has decent customer service, if you don't feel anything that is off you could give them a call and see if they have any suggestions.

illmaniac123

Plinker
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Apr 3, 2010
    East Indianapolis
    Taurus has a lifetime warranty and thats definitely an issue that they could fix. Taurus does have crappy CS so you gotta keep on them. I dont know what could be shaving brass off though

Top Bottom