• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The problem is I can't hit *^%$ with the gun! Bought it about 2 years ago and it has sat in my safe basically untouched. I have loaned it to people to shoot clays but never actually shot it myself. Got a chance to shoot a round of clays yesterday, 17 out of 100. That is bad even for me. (Which is always poor) I just can not get my head down and aligned correctly. For what it is worth I do like shooting the gun.

So now what to do:

1) Try an Easy Hit or other such miracle sighting aid.
    2) Put a mag extension on it and build a zombie gun.
    3) Sell the darn thing and get a Remy 870
    4) Throw the stupid thing back in the safe until somebody else needs to borrow it.
    5) Send it to the first Smarty Pants INGOer who answers give it to me!

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    6.) get it fitted

Edit: Just looked up that gun online, probably not worth getting it fitted sorry.

5.)

ESRICE beat you to it. Sorry! Yep no good way to get it fitted. Besides I do have another shotgun. The SX2 is basically my spare gun. 2 is 1 and 1 is none. Basically I am interested in opinions about shotgun shooting aids such as the Easy Hit or opinions on setting this gun up like those I see people using in 3 gun. Just brain storming so to speak.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Have you tried patterning it? My brother couldn't hit squat with his new Ithica a couple weeks ago...patterned it and found it was shooting about 3 feet above POA, I laid a straight edge on the barrel and sure enough it was bent badly.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Yes I have shot a pattern with it. Only other time I fired the gun was 6 shells at a still board shoot. Hit the paper. I think the problem is two fold. 1) the rib sits lower then my Red Label so I think I am shooting high. 2) the shorter 26 barrel and lighter weight means I am not following through on the bird.

ESRICE - this is a pretty nice gun and since I already promised it to you it is yours. Maybe I can renegotiated a bacon patch and an INGO shooting shirt.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    ESRICE - this is a pretty nice gun and since I already promised it to you it is yours. Maybe I can renegotiated a bacon patch and an INGO shooting shirt.

VERT I was kidding. You don't have to give me your shotgun dude. :D

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    I have shot a couple of these and got along well with them...I've never tried the other sights. But sometimes a gun just doesn't "fit" some people. I'd think if you are soured on it you could trade or sell it fairly easily.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    VERT I was kidding. You don't have to give me your shotgun dude. :D

:rockwoot: Dodged that bullet.

I have shot a couple of these and got along well with them...I've never tried the other sights. But sometimes a gun just doesn't "fit" some people. I'd think if you are soured on it you could trade or sell it fairly easily.

Yep basically the gun just does not fit me. I do like the gun though. It is probably the softest shooting 12 guage I have ever fired. With that in mind my 7 year old son will need a shotgun in a few more years. I think that I will just keep it for him to use. :D And maybe still put a mag extension on it. I think the longest ones are something like +5. Kids of all ages need a shotgun with a 10 shell capacity. ;)

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    May simply be a stock length issue

There is a process you can try to determine how the stock fits you. Doesn't require getting a custom fit job.
    Full choke tube, 13 yards (exactly) from large piece of cardboard. On cardboard spray paint 6 or 8 dots for aiming ponts. Have a buddy call out a location, mount and fire. Measure from the center of you pattern to the center of the dot you aimed at. 1" off equaly 1/8" on stock length. If your an inch high put a spacer on the pad, use cardboard and tape to try it out, You can then add hard plastic spacers (available many places) to finish off the process.

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Short vs long

Short stocks tend to make you shoot high, long just the opposite. Remember, when you mount the gun the keep your neck straight, stock touches your cheek and then back to your shoulder. You can also build up the comb with the tape/cardboard if necessare to dial in what the perfect stock is for you.

Top Bottom