up a Starbucks if you're going out?"​

:ingo:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    FYI:

Do you make it habit to load/unload your firearm as you go out and/or come into your house?

-J-

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    Me? Yes. Well, not on actual entry or exit of the house. But when they go into the safe, they go in unloaded.

Do you have any home defense firearms that stay out of the safe? Seems like it would be difficult, under stress, to access a safe, pick a firearm, and chamber a round. I guess you do what you gotta do though.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    ^^This^^

Though many of the weapons in my safe are unloaded, those are the ones used for range/plinking only. Any that may be used in an emergency are kept loaded at all times, even when in the safe. YMMV. On the other hand, great work in getting the wife more comfortable with you carrying. I went through the same issue not too long ago, she's now applying for her ltch and trying to decide what she may want to carry.

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Gents... This post was meant as kind-hearted look at a family member getting comfortable with a carry issue that had previously made them uncomfortable. That's all. And maybe bring a smile of recognition to some guy who's run a similar gauntlet. Appreciate hearing how you handle safety in your house, though.

Last edited:

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    ^^This^^

....great work in getting the wife more comfortable with you carrying. I went through the same issue not too long ago, she's now applying for her ltch and trying to decide what she may want to carry.

HighStrung... yes, that's what it's about.

My wife has been with me to Atterbury several times now and gets more comfortable all the time. Buzz has dubbed her "Barney": she was excited about having fired five rounds. Buzz said, "Great. That's four more than Barney Fife."

She's even expressed interest in taking Sheriff Ken Campbell's "Intro to Defensive Pistol" with me.

That's cool your wife is getting her LTCH. Has she narrowed her interest in an EDC at all?

Good stuff.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    the P99 stays at my side all day/all night... Its right outside my shower when I bathe and right next to my phone as I sleep... at work it waits in my truck, until I can get a seperte lock installed on my box

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Sort of like the dog hearing the electric can opener and runs to the supper dish! Pavlov would be proud. Of course, in an emergency situation, your wife may have an unexplainable desire for Starbucks! ;)

sshelton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    ECI / New Castle
    That's awsome, I recently went through the same thing with my wife and my long guns, but after my grandmas got broken into she is more comfortable with the idea (I have yet to purchase my edc pistol)

Top Bottom