• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sirxtc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Hey all. First time poster on this forum. Seem to be quite a bit of info on here.

I bought one of these PSL "Drugunov" AK variants and I Love it. I just wish the clips were not so expensive. I can get 2 ak 30 rounders for the price of one of the psl 10 round clips.

I do have one complaint about the rifle. Same complaint I would have with an AK. The stock chips around the tang. I have broke off both sides of the stock around the tang. I am personally not a person that likes the plastic stocks. I love the look of wood. I just wish a charcoal laminated wood stock existed for this beast. I tried my buddies stock off his ak and I would have to do some work to it to make it fit. That still doesn't get me the front grips.

I see where you should always use light ball ammo. I am not totally sure that is what I am shooting is or not. Surplus Romanian ammo is what I have. Silver tip with silver metal casing. I do know the Chinese ammo I had for my nagaunt was copper coated and had one hell of a bang vs the Romanian.

Anyways have a great day at the range and don't do what I would do. :ar15:

Last edited:

sirxtc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Welcome to the forum.

I dig the PSL rifles. How would you rate your rifle as far as accuracy?

On a 1 to 10 scale. a 7. I am still getting the feel of her so I may be upgrading that soon to a 8.5. My newest nagaunt I would say a 10 right off the bat.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Welcome to INGO!

Do you have any pics? I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about... when I replaced the horrid plastic furniture on my AK-74 I had to do a bit of filing to get it to fit. Having seen chipped stocks on AK's in the past, I filed a gap that was larger than necessary. It's worked so far, but I'm only dealing with 5.45x39.

sirxtc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Welcome to INGO!

Do you have any pics? I'm pretty sure I know what you're talking about... when I replaced the horrid plastic furniture on my AK-74 I had to do a bit of filing to get it to fit. Having seen chipped stocks on AK's in the past, I filed a gap that was larger than necessary. It's worked so far, but I'm only dealing with 5.45x39.

I am at work at this time. I will post pics soon as I get home of the damaged stock and the awesome gun. I have been on the buying spree of romainian guns recently LOL. I also bought a draco pistol. Well I'll quit saying what I have and get home to add pics.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    If you want a really nice aftermarket stock for it, check out Rhineland Arms. They make some that are SVD inspired and have a slightly longer buttstock for us gorilla armed Americans.

I have a better picture I need to get uploaded, but here is their stock set on my Saiga (took quite a bit of adapting since the receiver and gas tube length are different).

IMG_7962.jpg

sirxtc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Here are the pics of mine and the damage to the stock after shooting. I broke one side one weekend and broke the other same exact way different weekend.
    pslstock.jpg

tgipsl.jpg

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    Here are the pics of mine and the damage to the stock after shooting. I broke one side one weekend and broke the other same exact way different weekend.
    pslstock.jpg

tgipsl.jpg

Wow, that is pretty significant damage near the trunion. What make is that rifle? Look much nicer than the Century ones I have seen imported. Braids had something very similar to that when I was in their a couple weeks ago.

sirxtc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Wow, that is pretty significant damage near the trunion. What make is that rifle? Look much nicer than the Century ones I have seen imported. Braids had something very similar to that when I was in their a couple weeks ago.

Well as a matter of fact that is the one you saw in bradis a couple weeks ago.

It is a TGI much better than the century ones.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    Looks like you have the regular AK cut receiver, too (like I did) instead of the radiused PSL cut. If you do want new wood you might check out Ironwood Designs ?

sirxtc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Looks like you have the regular AK cut receiver, too (like I did) instead of the radiused PSL cut. If you do want new wood you might check out Ironwood Designs ?

Here is the sad part. TGI used the ironwood design stock on this.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    It is a TGI much better than the century ones.

thats probably debatable.

Most of the century ones aren't built by century, only imported. They are actually built in the Cugir arsenal in Romania.

There is rumor century bought some parts kits and made them as well, and to those your statement is probably correct.

The TGI rifles (and Waffen Werks, and some others) are built on a NDS receiver which takes a standard AK stock.

Top Bottom