• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Farmer I worked for as a kid tried this with ground hogs and just about met his end. Got a face full and some in his lungs. I ended up hauling him to the hospital in the farm truck at about 100 mikes an hour.

I like the mink idea.

We either have a bobcat living under our deck or that is part of his regular hunting route. Just starting some new chicks, so I may be on here soon with issues as well. Catch him on the camera every couple of days and wife has seen him a few times.
    I'd ask the dnr to remove it if you think it will start killing your birds.
    How big is your bobcat?

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    I'd ask the dnr to remove it if you think it will start killing your birds.
    How big is your bobcat?
    I’m building a bobcat/coyote/rattlesnake/ cougar/hawk/eagle/rat proof chicken yard. They will be inside a metal shed at night. We have a fenced property which might (probably not) keep the coyotes out but not the others.

Bobcat is pretty small, must be a kit or yearling? Have not seen it in a while but chickens might be an attraction.

Not sure how successful I’ll be but fence will be buried and a roof. Wife says might let them free range then all bets are off. Hoping the dog will get along and maybe watch over them. There’s not much out her to free range for really?

All a big guessing game yet. Almost everyone on the East Mountain has chickens so it must be able to be done.

Top Bottom