• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    Yesterday, after a family get-together, we stopped at a gas station on the way home. I went in for drinks and stood at the rear passenger side window and used my SOG Trident to open the plastic on my daughters drink. Like an IDIOT I sat the knife, OPEN, on top of the Jeep. Gave her the drink and some crackers, hopped in and drove almost 20 miles home. An hour later I needed to open fireworks....no knife :(
    I start looking around the house and inside the Jeep, no luck, I look on top of the Jeep and there it is, EXACTLY as I left it. I felt like an idiot for a few minutes but it was pure dumb luck that I still have that knife!:D

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    Yesterday, after a family get-together, we stopped at a gas station on the way home. I went in for drinks and stood at the rear passenger side window and used my SOG Trident to open the plastic on my daughters drink. Like an IDIOT I sat the knife, OPEN, on top of the Jeep. Gave her the drink and some crackers, hopped in and drove almost 20 miles home. An hour later I needed to open fireworks....no knife :(
    I start looking around the house and inside the Jeep, no luck, I look on top of the Jeep and there it is, EXACTLY as I left it. I felt like an idiot for a few minutes but it was pure dumb luck that I still have that knife!:D
    The Knife Fairy was with you. ;)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Well, at least it wasn't KNIVES valued in excess of $500! I know somebody on INGO who did that. ;)

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Wow, don't you just hate those knife moments when your whole life passes in front of your eyes? I don't know about the knife fairy; sounds more like some serious karma. You might want to buy a lottery ticket

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton
    I had a similar issue last year...
    We were fishing from a bridge, I leaned against the guard rail and heard a metallic clunk...looked down in time to see my knife hitting the water(10ft deep water).
    I went back to the house and got a big magnet and some para cord. A half hour of "fishing" and I pulled my knife in...

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    it's the jeeps man, they can't let knives go.

It's true. I drove in my Wrangler for roughly 15 miles with my decked out Remington 700 sitting on my hood, up by the windshield wipers. I was taking some buddies out to my range in Spencer and got in a hurry while loading everything up. To this day, I have no idea how it didn't fall off.
    The conversation went
    Me "Nick, do you remember loading up my 700?"
    Nick "Ummm Levi.........., it's on the hood".

Top Bottom