WTS/WTT: Put some Armor in that carrier! ESAPIs!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    **Trades Changed/added**

Brand New ESAPI Body Armor Plates. That's one front and one back with the angle cut at the top corners for extra mobility, and two 6x8" side plates.

These are new, non used!

Do note that these are the toughest ballistic protection our military issues right now. They are capable of stopping an armor piercing 30 caliber machine gun round. Thats an armor piercing 150 grain bullet going 2800 feet per second!!!

"In May 2005, the US military began replacing the standard Small Arms Protective Insert plates with the Enhanced Small Arms Protective Insert (ESAPI).[1][2] An ESAPI provides protection from .30-06 M2 Armor-piercing rounds with a steel or tungsten penetrator, but costs about $600 per plate, 50% more than SAPI plates.[2] They are produced by Ceradyne, BAE Systems, and ArmorWorks Enterprises.[3]"

The side plates are also applicable for police and concealable type vests as a vital organs trauma plate as well.

Based on the fact that the NSN data quotes them at $553.05 per on the front/back, and $133.14 per on the side plates, they are WORTH $1372.28. Elsewhere they sell for $1200-$2000.

The NSN nubmbers are:
    8470-01-520-7385 for the front/back
    and
    8407-01-534-0760 for the sides

I am asking $550.00 cash or best offer. I work in the armor industry, you won't find these from a more trustworthy source at a better price! PM me if interested. I can ship on your dime or FTF, I travel pretty regular between Fort Wayne area & Bloomington area.

Always very interested in trades: Quick deals for anything listed below or just let me know what you might be offering!
    AR uppers (SBR uppers) or components (SBR Barrels)
    Optics - Aimpoint / EoTech / nice 600yd scope

Thanks for looking!

Not just in large...
    IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Last edited:

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    btt, Not that this price isn't stellar already, but if you have something I'm looking for I'm always interested in cutting deals!!

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    Am I correct in assuming that ..

$550 is the 4-pc package price? What are the front, back and side (pr) weights for these. Pass by Chesterfield often?
    **Trades Changed/added**

Brand New ESAPI Body Armor Plates. That's one front and one back with the angle cut at the top corners for extra mobility, and two 6x8" side plates.

These are new, non used!

Do note that these are the toughest ballistic protection our military issues right now. They are capable of stopping an armor piercing 30 caliber machine gun round. Thats an armor piercing 150 grain bullet going 2800 feet per second!!!

"In May 2005, the US military began replacing the standard Small Arms Protective Insert plates with the Enhanced Small Arms Protective Insert (ESAPI).[1][2] An ESAPI provides protection from .30-06 M2 Armor-piercing rounds with a steel or tungsten penetrator, but costs about $600 per plate, 50% more than SAPI plates.[2] They are produced by Ceradyne, BAE Systems, and ArmorWorks Enterprises.[3]"

The side plates are also applicable for police and concealable type vests as a vital organs trauma plate as well.

Based on the fact that the NSN data quotes them at $553.05 per on the front/back, and $133.14 per on the side plates, they are WORTH $1372.28. Elsewhere they sell for $1200-$2000.

The NSN nubmbers are:
    8470-01-520-7385 for the front/back
    and
    8407-01-534-0760 for the sides

I am asking $550.00 cash or best offer. I work in the armor industry, you won't find these from a more trustworthy source at a better price! PM me if interested. I can ship on your dime or FTF, I travel pretty regular between Fort Wayne area & Bloomington area.

Always very interested in trades: Quick deals for anything listed below or just let me know what you might be offering!
    AR uppers (SBR uppers) or components (SBR Barrels)
    Optics - Aimpoint / EoTech / nice 600yd scope

Thanks for looking!

Not just in large...
    IMG_0293.jpg

IMG_0295.jpg

Top Bottom