• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    I am considering using my bow through firearms season but if I do could I still use my archery tag or would I still have to buy a firearms license? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    you can use your bow with archery liecense through firearms season. Because archery season is still open during this time.
    If your not using a firearm as your hunting method than you dont need a firearms tag

AZ Hunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2010
    Tucson, AZ
    Lonnie is right. No need for a "firearm" tag as your using a bow for hunting. If you plan to switch it up to firearm then yes, you need a firearm tag.

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    ok, ill ride on this thread rather than start another...

if i want to start hunting this saturday, the 12th. and hopefully in december as well, but will be using a muzzleloader for both. what do i need?

honestly, i thought a deer license was a deer license. still have to buy one before saturday.

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    rich if you buy a bonus anterless tag you can use it for both seasons, but only be able to kill a doe. If you hunt firearms and want to kill a buck you have to have a firearms license. I believe when you get a ml license its good for a buck or doe. So you will need to buy one of each if you plan on hunting both or just a bonus and that lasts all year long

rkesar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    new whiteland
    yes you can, the first bonus tag is $24 and each after that is $15. If you only get a doe tag you'll have to let all the bucks walk

rich8483

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Crown Point - Lake County
    just read the FAQ on in.gov about deer hunting and am way more clear and informed now than after reading the actual 20 page deer hunting guide on their previous page.

as an aside, why do deer and turkey, especially the deer, have so many regulations compared to the other game animals?

i realize that its about population control, but wouldn't a simply well enforced set of dates accomplish this?

Top Bottom