• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ptt811

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Fairbanks, IN
    I want to shoot my Springfield XD 40 in production. A couple of questions, first the gun has a grip safety but no mechanical lever for a safety. Is it legal to chamber the round then holster ? Also the rule says I can't have more than 10 rounds in my 12 round magazine, can I put 11 in one mag then use that mag at the make ready signal as my " barney " round ? Then leave the mag in ? This leaving 10 still in the mag when the start signal sounds ? If not how is best to handle this ? Any thoughts would be helpful, I have never shot anything other than Single Stack.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    I want to shoot my Springfield XD 40 in production. A couple of questions, first the gun has a grip safety but no mechanical lever for a safety. Is it legal to chamber the round then holster ? Also the rule says I can't have more than 10 rounds in my 12 round magazine, can I put 11 in one mag then use that mag at the make ready signal as my " barney " round ? Then leave the mag in ? This leaving 10 still in the mag when the start signal sounds ? If not how is best to handle this ? Any thoughts would be helpful, I have never shot anything other than Single Stack.

You can chamber a round and then holster. The rule is 10 in the mag after the start signal. 11 and then rack one in the chamber is fine.

Top Bottom