• ...and so much more!
  • doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I have a friend, Ben (YankeeDollar) who wants to pay his yearly Site Supporter $20 fee.

He doesn't have PayPal & has to send a check to TX, which takes time to get processed.

Can I use my PayPal account to pay his Site Supporter $20 yearly fee?

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    I have a friend, Ben (YankeeDollar) who wants to pay his yearly Site Supporter $20 fee.

He doesn't have PayPal & has to send a check to TX, which takes time to get processed.

Can I use my PayPal account to pay his Site Supporter $20 yearly fee?
    I thought you could “checkout” as a guest. Meaning you don’t have to have a paypal account. Maybe it has changed.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I would think you could use any PayPal account as long as one was logged into the proper INGO account (the one being paid for) when purchasing.
    I guess that would mean if I were at Ben's house and he went to the payment option, enter my PP information.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I guess that would mean if I were at Ben's house and he went to the payment option, enter my PP information.
    NO. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD!

Checkout as a guest and use a credit card. Thats all. No PP account needed. (unless he wants the money to come directly out of his checking account, then he does)

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ben must've been told or thinks for some reason that to "check out as a guest," you have to send a check to Texas.
    That is what I understand he is telling me.
    To send a check to TX you just send the check with your screen name on it. But only as a last resort with the express direction of TK,

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    NO. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE A PAYPAL ACCOUNT TO PAY BY CREDIT CARD!

Checkout as a guest and use a credit card. Thats all. No PP account needed. (unless he wants the money to come directly out of his checking account, then he does)
    I will tell Ben.
    I know he's adamantly opposed to the concept of PayPal,
    &
    perhaps he doesn't want to put his credit card information online because he's old and old people like to do things the old way, ha ha!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Cameramonkey posted:
    To send a check to TX you just send the check with your screen name on it.
    But only as a last resort with the express direction of TK.

Just got off the phone with Ben & he told me last year he sent a check to the address that was listed on INGO for payment, but it came back to him (old/wrong address).
    He found out the correct updated address & resent the $20.
    However, he lost that address, & wants to verify the correct address anyway, after his experience last year.
    I was correct in assuming he doesn't put is credit card/bank info out on the web.
    Those darn old people, haha! :nono: :dunno: :scratch: :wallbash: :ugh: :lmfao::fogey:

Who is "TK," to get "express direction of," before sending a check?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    By the way, just to defend Ben's lateness in getting this done since it was to have been renewed in June, his wife was hospitalized & he has been otherwise distracted.
    Not to worry, she's at home now recovering normally, thank God!

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Cameramonkey posted:
    To send a check to TX you just send the check with your screen name on it.
    But only as a last resort with the express direction of TK.

Just got off the phone with Ben & he told me last year he sent a check to the address that was listed on INGO for payment, but it came back to him (old/wrong address).
    He found out the correct updated address & resent the $20.
    However, he lost that address, & wants to verify the correct address anyway, after his experience last year.
    I was correct in assuming he doesn't put is credit card/bank info out on the web.
    Those darn old people, haha! :nono: :dunno: :scratch: :wallbash: :ugh: :lmfao::fogey:

Who is "TK," to get "express direction of," before sending a check?
    Putting a check in the mail is probably more of a risk these days than using credit card, especially since credit card is fraud protected. As long as one has alerts on transactions and isn't using a debit card, I'd recommend it.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Putting a check in the mail is probably more of a risk these days than using credit card, especially since credit card is fraud protected. As long as one has alerts on transactions and isn't using a debit card, I'd recommend it.
    Good Points!
    I do the alerts for anything over $1 since I know frauds run a small "test" amount sometimes to test the waters.
    I've gotten 3 am alerts someone using my credit card to pay for airport car rentals & car parts, 6 different charges, & I got up 3:30 am, called the CC company & it was over by 4 am.
    I slept better, haha!

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Yea!!! :ingo: :thumbsup:

texkev: Administrator, Staff member, Administrator & all around helpful person, has solved the issue.
    He had me PayPal his INGO account (if I understood correctly), & has already restored Ben's account, since Ben couldn't use the "conversations."

This all started last evening when Ben couldn't use "conversations" to contact someone he'd been talking with about buying a Savage 223.
    Ben was using me to communicate with the seller since he couldn't by exchanging cell numbers, after I texted him through conversations.

Ben just called & said he just picked up the 223 clear up North on 116th St. after seller drove from
    Ft Wayne area.
    Ben couldn't travel far b/c he has to stay close to home b/c of the wife.

All in all, a day where everything ended up well!
    For me also, b/c I'm taking a MC run toward Greenfield to pick up yet another .22LR pistol I picked up in the Classifieds just b/c I've never had that model before, haha!
    It won't be a keeper, but I don't mind a good plinker if the price is right, haha!

***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    I will tell Ben.
    I know he's adamantly opposed to the concept of PayPal,
    &
    perhaps he doesn't want to put his credit card information online because he's old and old people like to do things the old way, ha ha!
    I feel the same way about PayPal, so I understand how he feels.
    Just curious why there isn’t a direct payment method with a site this big? Obviously I don’t understand how all this works.

Top Bottom