• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Nice story and awesome piece of history! I got a pair of binoculars my uncle took off a Nazi officer after he shot him on d-day. I will never let them get far away from me but no guns. He did retrive the officers luger but his son got that, along with his 1911. My grandpa didn't keep anything like that from the war. Awesome 1911!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Damn...you lucky bar-steward! That thing looks brand new! I am insanely jealous! :yesway:

That said...if you don't shoot it, you are fuel-injected, inter-cooled twin turbo gay.

;)
    I agree! guns are made to be shot. Unless it is unsafe to fire for some reason, you gotta put some rounds down range. And as much as I love my new production Colt 1911, I'd be tempted to give a vital piece of my anatomy to have one like it! :ar15:

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    No reason not to shoot it. Have fun. I'm glad it survived with its mainspring housing and long trigger intact.

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    I love these stories, Congrats!

On a similar note, my grandfather bought a Winchester Model 12 in the months between his marriage in June, 1929, and the stock market crash that October. It's a 12 ga. shotgun, and after Olin bought Winchester, they still responded with a letter that nailed down the year of production. That was before the Internet, go figure! And, I had the shotgun restored-since condition was chosen over future market value. A new blue job will decrease value to collectors-rather than increase it.

ProLibertate

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Damn...you lucky bar-steward! That thing looks brand new! I am insanely jealous! :yesway:

That said...if you don't shoot it, you are fuel-injected, inter-cooled twin turbo gay. ;)

LMAO! :gheyhi:

Believe it or not, this was my Grandfather's nightstand gun and he carried it fairly often.
    He shot it once in a while to stay sharp, and I think he'd be disappointed to see it get perma-locked in a cold dark safe all by it's lonesome.
    I have no intention of trying to wear it out, but I am for damn sure gonna run a couple mags through it before I build a display case for it.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Sorry for your loss first off.

Secondly, that gun is in amazing condition.

Good lord willing, that stays in your family for many generations!

-MColford

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    AWESOME man,That is truly a beautiful historical piece .Mine is very similar to yours but without the family history & was nickled. After seeing yours ,Im going to have mine parkerized & take it to a closer military look

mjones

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    McCordsville
    that's awesome things like that should always be kept in the family and passed down generation to generation good story to tell your kids when you get older:yesway:

Top Bottom