• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Contender

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2014
    Lawrence County
    For 22 hornet I used Remington brass for years, almost impossible to find now days. Tried some Winchester and didn't like it plus it is hard to find.

Bought some Prvi Partizan. Seems like nice brass other than when I put my usual 10.4 grains of powder in it completely fills the case. Way less internal capacity, gonna need to back off at least a grain to use it.

The other two available choices seem to be Nosler and Hornady. Anybody have any experience with them. How is there internal capacity?

Clay Pigeon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 3, 2016
    Summitville
    I load Hornet and form different cases from Hornet Brass, I bought case ( 2000 ) of Remington years back so i'm good forever.
    I started using Winchester brass for the Hornet and Bee needs I had, it was very consistent and primer pockets held up well.
    We have loaded lots of 8mm Mauser and 7.62X54R Priv brass over the past 10 years and not a problem, If I needed to buy brass I personally would choose that before Nosler or Hornady. Lets see what you find here, If nothing the next day off I have, I will go through my Hornet stock and see what I have.

CB1911

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 27, 2018
    Putnam County
    I have loaded small amounts of 22 hornet over the last 10 years for a CZ 527 American. Factory Hornady 35 grain V-max ammunition accuracy did not impress me, but those Hornady once fired cases worked extremely well in my rifle with a Remington 6 1/2 primer, less than max load of IMR-4227 powder, and a 35 grain V-max bullet providing excellent accuracy. Capacity seems fine with the Hornady case. When I ran short on the Hornady cases, I could only find Winchester, so that is what I use now and have been satisfied with the 200 ct brass I purchased.

Whip_McCord

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    NWI
    I loaded 22 hornet for handgun silhouette shooting (T/C Contender) for many years. Just looked at my data and I used Rem brass. I would have tried Win if I needed to. Not sure what issues you are having with Win brass. I never had any issues with Win. I'm not familiar with Prvi Partizan brass, but it sounds like you will need to begin load development all over again with that brass.

I found a good trick years ago in a Handloader magazine article about getting accuracy out of the Hornet. Use pistol primers. After some load testing, I settled on Rem 1 1/2 primers with my load of AA-1680. Much better at 100 yards than rifle primers. The article explained that the more violent ignition of the rifle primer is too much for the small case and pistol powder. Anyway, it reduced my 100 yard groups.

Top Bottom