• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    A friend and I shot a USPSA shoot and we had the following occur on the qualifier stage :

Him: He was to engage each of four targets with 2 rounds each, reload and engage each target with two more rounds. He had one target that he had a "mike" and received received a 10 point penalty.

Me: Shooting the same qualifier I engaged one of the targets with one too many rounds (don't ask how I can't count to two and then two again ). I received 20 penalty points - 10 for too many rounds (procedural) and 10 for (?). To add insult to injury I had four alpha hits on the target ( plus the extra )

I've tried googling USPSA scorng and actually even read the USPSA Handgun Competition Rulebook trying to figure out how I got 20 penalty points.

AND, assuming the penalty points assigned were legit, why should firing one too many rounds ( and hitting the target ) result in a stiffer penalty than missing the target with one round ?

Thanks in advance

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Sounds like a virginia count stage... See section 9.4.5 in the rulebook.
    You can receive a penalty for both extra shots and extra hits as applicable. A miss is still a miss.

-rvb

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton
    A friend and I shot a USPSA shoot and we had the following occur on the qualifier stage :

Him: He was to engage each of four targets with 2 rounds each, reload and engage each target with two more rounds. He had one target that he had a "mike" and received received a 10 point penalty.

Me: Shooting the same qualifier I engaged one of the targets with one too many rounds (don't ask how I can't count to two and then two again ). I received 20 penalty points - 10 for too many rounds (procedural) and 10 for (?). To add insult to injury I had four alpha hits on the target ( plus the extra )

I've tried googling USPSA scorng and actually even read the USPSA Handgun Competition Rulebook trying to figure out how I got 20 penalty points.

AND, assuming the penalty points assigned were legit, why should firing one too many rounds ( and hitting the target ) result in a stiffer penalty than missing the target with one round ?

Thanks in advance

If this was at Riley, Virginia Count stages you get a penalty for the extra shot and one for the extra hit.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    As said, 1 for the extra shot you weren't allowed to take and 1 for the exrta hit that shouldnt have been there. Had you missed the target with one of the shots and then fired the 3rd to make up for it (sometimes this is to your advantage, sometimes its not), then you would have only gotten the extra shot penalty as there woudlnt have been more than 2 hits on target.

Top Bottom