Quick question about 5320.20 (interstate travel)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I have a quick question about the 5320.20 (application to transport interstate). I am taking some training down in GA and want to take my one of SBRs. I will be staying in Florida and just driving back and forth to GA for the training.

I am assuming I need to fill out an 5320.20 for both FL and GA.

However, If I drive down to FL, do I need to fill out an 5320.20 for each state that I drive through, or just the final destinations? I thought I read somewhere it was just the final destinations, but cant seem to find any threads that answer this question. I believe this is the case as I would not be able to fill in the addresses that I would be staying at, if just passing through.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I take NFA items to a shoot in MO every year. We stay about a half hour south of where the shoot is and travel back and forth over the weekend. I put the address of the shoot on my .20 and have never worried about it. You basically put your starting and ending location and don't have to worry about where you are traveling through. I believe there is something about taking a direct route, so if you are headed to FL from IN and got checked out in TX, there could be some question. For your deal, being as how FL is past GA, I would probably put the address of where you plan on staying in FL.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I take NFA items to a shoot in MO every year. We stay about a half hour south of where the shoot is and travel back and forth over the weekend. I put the address of the shoot on my .20 and have never worried about it. You basically put your starting and ending location and don't have to worry about where you are traveling through. I believe there is something about taking a direct route, so if you are headed to FL from IN and got checked out in TX, there could be some question. For your deal, being as how FL is past GA, I would probably put the address of where you plan on staying in FL.

Roger That. Thanks for the info.

Hopefully, If I get them in the mail this week, they will be done by March.

Top Bottom