• Status
    Not open for further replies.

DanO

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 27, 2009
    NW IN
    Mods: I have a daughter who is going to go on a missions trip with an apporved non-profit this summer for 50 days, training in Denver for a week then going to Dominican Republic and Haiti to work with Haitian refugees and victims of the earthquakes. I would like to help her raise support by raffling a nice firearm (Valmet 412) here on the site, but would like some guidance.

Can I do this here? Is there a protocol? What section do I run it in? Any guidance is appreciated.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Typically our position has been "no" on these types of questions. I'll make sure all the other mods have seen this thread, though, just to make sure our position hasn't changed.

Thanks for asking first!!!!!! :)

Pami

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Typically our position has been "no" on these types of questions. I'll make sure all the other mods have seen this thread, though, just to make sure our position hasn't changed.

Thanks for asking first!!!!!! :)

Pami

Pami, I understand completly if this is the Mods stance as you guy are, well, the mods:D

I know that there was an issue a while back and we don't need to rehash.

However I am wondering if we could working something out for this. I would suggest setting it up through one of our supporting FFL's. They get the rifle and the tickets would be sold through them. This would keep everything legit and people could bid confidently.

Just some thoughts.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    However I am wondering if we could working something out for this. I would suggest setting it up through one of our supporting FFL's. They get the rifle and the tickets would be sold through them. This would keep everything legit and people could bid confidently.

We have discussed it, and raffles are still going to be a no-go here for a number of reasons.

As an alternative, I suggest the OP set up PayPal account or similar vehicle, or simply post the contact info for the non-profit entity in question, so that INGO members can make monetary contributions if they so choose.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    As an alternative, I suggest the OP set up PayPal account or similar vehicle, or simply post the contact info for the non-profit entity in question, so that INGO members can make monetary contributions if they so choose.

Then in the Paypal comment section, post your username and address so the OP can send you the raffle ticket(s) you just paid for.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Then in the Paypal comment section, post your username and address so the OP can send you the raffle ticket(s) you just paid for.
    I don't think Shooter was indicating that the OP should set up a PayPal account for the purpose of accepting raffle ticket payments, but rather to accept donations to help his daughter out for doing something great (helping out Haiti) rather than an all-out raffle. Shooter also suggested posting up the contact info for the NFP so members could donate to the NFP directly.

Something to note: there are certain laws in Indiana regarding setting up raffles. (I'd have to look up the code, but essentially I believe you have to apply for a permit, similar to what you have to do to have a legal poker tournament in the state.)

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Something to note: there are certain laws in Indiana regarding setting up raffles. (I'd have to look up the code, but essentially I believe you have to apply for a permit, similar to what you have to do to have a legal poker tournament in the state.)
    Set up a PayPal account to accept donations and then give away a free rifle. ;) Or we could have an auction!!!! :):

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I dont really see how, if he is set up for the raffle, what the problem is with him selling tickets on INGO. I understand that there was that whole Knox raffle that ended in a big fiasco, but you need to give people the benefit of the doubt. Isn't that what pretty much everyone here preaches about gun owners and the such? Ultimately it comes down to what Fenway and the mod staff want (it always does), but that's just my :twocents:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I understand that there was that whole Knox raffle that ended in a big fiasco, but you need to give people the benefit of the doubt.

I can actually recall three raffles that took place on here; NONE of them ended well. At some point, you have to stop giving people the benefit of the doubt, and start looking at the patterns that are emerging.

Fenway has said "no thank you" to raffles on INGO, so that's what we're going with.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom