• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Shot at this range outside of Dunkirk a few years ago but became tired of repeated safety violations like others opening fire when I'm downrange posting targets.That was it for me. Saw they now did this to the range??? At least the yahoos that fired when I was down range would have had a excuse for not seeing me with this configuration.

11 gun range frank merry.jpg

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Well at least when you start shooting back they’ll be safe.

It looks like someone had a bunch of telephone poles laying around for too long and were like “what can we possibly do with these?”

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    Got curious about this range and learned it's the Frank W. Merry Memorial Park, 18505 N 550 E, Dunkirk, IN 47336-9264.

They have a Facebook page that explains all the new construction on the range due to safety concerns ... https://www.facebook.com/groups/judyf231/

Never been to this range, and likely won't ever visit, but it sounds to me like they're aware of the safety issues and are trying to address them.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Uh yeah, I'd be out on that one, too! Was there no R/O? Was the line not called cold before you went downrange?
    The range was never supervised at all in the short time I was a member and is part of a park that includes a fishing pond , a building that they rent out and some playground equipment. The front gate to the park is always open during the season and membership there includes the gun range.

The two individuals that started firing when I was downrange evidently thought it was ok to shoot at 50 yards since I was posting on the 25 yard line. There was no obstructions or anything blocking the view to the entire range like they have set up now. You would think men who were at least in their 60s would know not to start shooting when someone was downrange.

I wouldn't shoot at Fort Frank Merry for free.

Top Bottom