• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I dunno. I don't remember it being "Real Bad". I miss the old days, before the fence was up. ( 90's ) If ya' see a old guy named FRED with a German accent, or an old guy named JOE, who LOVES to collect .44 Mag brass, tell 'em Big Mike sez, H E Y !!!!!! :D

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I dunno. I don't remember it being "Real Bad". I miss the old days, before the fence was up. ( 90's ) If ya' see a old guy named FRED with a German accent, or an old guy named JOE, who LOVES to collect .44 Mag brass, tell 'em Big Mike sez, H E Y !!!!!! :D

I miss those days too!

I did not go there for several years, because I went one time, and a van full of guys pulled in behind me, and dumped an AR mag right over top my head!!! i stayed put leaning over the .22 rifle I was sighting in until he was finished.

Then he had the nerve to ask why I was leaving.

This was not the norm..granted, but it was getting out of hand at times.

El-Cigarro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    I miss those days too!

I did not go there for several years, because I went one time, and a van full of guys pulled in behind me, and dumped an AR mag right over top my head!!! i stayed put leaning over the .22 rifle I was sighting in until he was finished.

Then he had the nerve to ask why I was leaving.

This was not the norm..granted, but it was getting out of hand at times.
    Blue FORD??? Used to be a buncha guys who liked to shoot .45 Autos at steel that drove one of those. There was also two B I G fellows, ( Brothers, maybe? )
    who had an old DODGE Van, greenish/yellow in color, that shot an M-60!

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    Blue FORD??? Used to be a buncha guys who liked to shoot .45 Autos at steel that drove one of those. There was also two B I G fellows, ( Brothers, maybe? )

Could be......not sure. It has been awhile trust me. Could have been though. I do remember just wanting to get out ....and now.

At that time I was just a hunter and a plinker, and did not want much to do with it. They were nice enough, and could not figure out why I was leaving.:n00b:

jeepfreek

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012

I seen those two brothers there with the M60. The time I seen them the one guy had coveralls with no shirt and that thing with a sling over his shoulder firing it from the hip. Couldn't believe it. We didn't stay long as that group made me a bit uncomfortable.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    A point, if I may...

Military firearms safety is not the same as civilian. In the normal course of business military sweep, and are swept, by their buddies all the time. Ever try to react to an ambush without sweeping half a dozen people? What about clear a building? The training desemphasizes "don't sweep" and emphasizes target recognition.
    Having defended my brothers I will say that not everyone that is ex-miltary is familiar with firearms, it depends on their branch, their job and their assignment.

Top Bottom