• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Years ago I used to do to an indoor ranges several days a week to shoot. I caught a ricochet 3 different times there. They sure can sting and the last thing you are expecting or wanting while shooting is to get hit with something. It can really spook you when it happens. All of mine were from other shooters either hitting the floor (2 of the times) and the third time was another shooter that was going for head shots on the target and kept hitting the metal clamp that holds the target up. The clamp is angled downward and it must have hit just right.

Glad to hear you are happy with your G19! Great gun :rockwoot:

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    When I first read this my mind changed 233 to .223 and immediately thought "how the f did he put .223 rounds through a G19. Haha.:):
    You are not alone.
    I was hit in the leg by lead splatter last year when i took my son to a handgun course. He shot a .357 mag, and i was in the lane next to him, he hit the hanger, the lead hit me. This was his first time shooting, and the last pistol he tried was a Glock 19, and he put 3 out of 3 rounds in the black, about a 4 inch group. Not bad for a 10 year old, first thing he said when we left was " when can we do that again dad, it sure beets video games". I was a proud father that day.

Tebow

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Whiting, IN
    When I first read this my mind changed 233 to .223 and immediately thought "how the f did he put .223 rounds through a G19. Haha.:):

haha :D

They were thug looking. Shorts that look like pants, xxl white tee + doo-rag & chains. Yes, the Nicholas Cage quote came to mind.

The only reason we go to Debs is because it's the closest to us.
    I know there's plans to build an indoor and outdoor range in our town, Whiting but idk when that'll happen.

What are some other ranges in NWI?

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    You are not alone.
    I was hit in the leg by lead splatter last year when i took my son to a handgun course. He shot a .357 mag, and i was in the lane next to him, he hit the hanger, the lead hit me. This was his first time shooting, and the last pistol he tried was a Glock 19, and he put 3 out of 3 rounds in the black, about a 4 inch group. Not bad for a 10 year old, first thing he said when we left was " when can we do that again dad, it sure beets video games". I was a proud father that day.
    Don't you think a 10 year old is kinda young to be shooting any type of pistol, much less a .357, in a lane by himself without you behind him watching for a screw-up or to avoid an accident?

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    haha :D

They were thug looking. Shorts that look like pants, xxl white tee + doo-rag & chains. Yes, the Nicholas Cage quote came to mind.

The only reason we go to Debs is because it's the closest to us.
    I know there's plans to build an indoor and outdoor range in our town, Whiting but idk when that'll happen.

What are some other ranges in NWI?

How about Kodiak Range? He is an INGO sponsor, and has an outstanding indoor range from what I have seen in his posts.;)

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Yesterday, I went to the range with a friend of mine. I put 233 rounds through my Glock 19 with no failures at all. My friend put 50 through it with no failures as well. My 19 is the first gun I bought and this was the 2nd time i shot it, I feel very confident in my shooting ability, even though the Glock is probably the reason. I saved my 33 round mag for last and unloaded it fast with all 33 hitting paper, I loved it! :D

I tried to add pictures but my camera's memory card won't connect to my computer.

My friend brought his brand new Walther PK 380. He put 200 rounds through it and had at least 5 misfires, mostly because he bought cheap ammo that was on sale.

Until now I only shot a Glock 19, 26 and 21. I put 50 rounds through his Walther and was amazed. The single action trigger pull is so smooth it's ridiculous, pretty much a hair trigger but awesome! I didn't care for the double action. I surprised myself on how accurate I shot it.

Couple things happened while there.

1st, there were 3 "thug" looking black guys there. One guy had the target like within arms reach, he unloaded some low capacity black auto (couldn't tell what) and he said, "I'm a bad, bad man!" I held my laugh haha. I was surprised they were shooting with two hands, the other times I've been to ranges to watch, I seen most of them use one hand and not hit sh*t.

This is the weird part.

2nd, (this is an indoor range) while my friend was shooting, I was standing a little bit behind the shooting booths. On the other end, one guy was shooting reallly low, hitting the floor multiple times. So my friend was shooting and I see him grab the high part of his left thigh and keep shooting with one hand. He came over to me and said, "something f***ing hit me." When we left, he showed me where it hit and there was a bloody mark. Not like a penetration wound but like something hit him with enough force to make it blood red. He said it wasn't that painful but it hit with some force. It wasn't a shell casing because there wasn't anything on the floor and we didn't see any. The only possible thing we could think of was a ricochet from the guy on the far left. I don't know though, it was weird! :dunno:

I shoot at an indoor range here...and if I saw someone doing stupid stuff like that, I would let the management know. And given the fact that your friend was hit, I would have been doubly sure to let them know IMMEDIATELY. Idiots like that are a danger to EVERYONE......

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    evolevo
    Top Bottom