• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wp wrecks

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 20, 2008
    I've looked at the Citadels and like them, I'm one of those who are always on a budget, ok I have no budget, really no money. I really want a short barreled 1911, around here they have some short bbl 1911's for around $400.... Kimbers go for....$800+. I think the $400 ones are made in the Phillipines, supposed to be good....no not Kimber good!

As I understand it the Citadel's are made in the same plant in the Phillipines by Armscor who make Rock Island Armory among others. Others have said it is similar to the RIA Tactical models, so an upgraded RIA.

The fit and finish is pretty damn good for a $500.00 pistol. I am a tool and die maker by trade so that kind of thing is important to me and for the money I'm impressed at least with the one I have.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    I have a picture of my grandfather carrying a 1911, 45ACP, on his hip(extended holster cavalry style) during the Mexican Campaign 1916. He also has a picture book with basic training pictures with Springfield Rifles w/ 16in bayonets. All wore campaign hats, and khaki shirts/pants.

Makes the old war horse 45ACP approx 95yrs old! By the numbers it has seen a lot of action. WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Desert Storm (some Special Forces issued), Oper Enduring Freedom, Afganhistan, maybe Tripoli from yesterdays news. Unsure if the Beretta92 will have as long of history.

Top Bottom