• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Every year several family members and myself meet in Brownsburg for the US Nationals for the weekend. Most of them are coming from the Chicago area. Well, one of them wants to bring his AR so we can go shoot together.

First, is there anything we should know about pertaining to him transporting his rifle from Illinois to Indy?

Second, are there any ranges near Brownsburg that will allow us to shoot our AR's, and not charge for a yearly membership? I know up here in Ft. Wayne, unless you travel to huntington, you have to pay a yearly membership as well as an hourly rate. Since we will probably only be there for one session, once a year, dont really want to spend the money for a years worth of membership

O'Shark

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Ladoga, IN
    The only open ranges I know of are Atterbury and Wilbur Wright. A lot of the other conservation clubs (& gun clubs) aren't much fun for AR shooting. Some require at least 2 seconds between shots.

Brown

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    off the top of y head the only option is Applied ballistics indoor range in Lafayette. Only 25 yds and over a hour drive though. Most of the ranges in that area are pistol and rimfire friendly only.

Dick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Thanks for the info guys. Thats kinda what I feared. Trying to talk him into just coming to Ft Wayne for a weekend to shoot

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    If it's warm, Atterbury is quite nice. Less than an hour away if you avoid the high volume traffic times. It's certainly faster to get there than for your friends to go to Ft Wayne. Cheap, too, at $6/hr (IIRC)

Top Bottom