Ranges that have handgun rentals around Indy?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Looking for a range that rents handguns. I would like for my wife to try out a few different models before buying so we know for sure she gets what she wants. I am not familiar with the shops or ranges around Indy since we live in the eastern part of the state. I was also planning on visiting some of the shops that are sponsors on here while we are in the area and hopefully buying from one of them. Do any of our sponsors have ranges with rentals at their shop? All help is appreciated.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Looking for a range that rents handguns. I would like for my wife to try out a few different models before buying so we know for sure she gets what she wants. I am not familiar with the shops or ranges around Indy since we live in the eastern part of the state. I was also planning on visiting some of the shops that are sponsors on here while we are in the area and hopefully buying from one of them. Do any of our sponsors have ranges with rentals at their shop? All help is appreciated.
    Well, I've got a group of first time shooters coming out to a local range Saturday (INGO sponsor) to introduce them to our wonderful world of shooting sports. I'll have a .22 pistol out so they get plenty of practice in for cheap, but I'll also bring a couple 9mm's and possibly a .40 or two. You're welcome to join us. All you'll have to pay for is range time ($20 all day) and reimburse for ammo (or bring your own). She can try out my wife's concealed carry pistol (Kahr 9mm.) She's tiny and we spent a lot of time looking for a pistol for her to carry and conceal. I'll bet your wife will like the Kahr or the Glock 19 (I'll have both). Another INGO'er will be joining my group so I can show him how to zero his .22 rifle and I can give you directions to the better shops in the area (INGO sponsor.) Both the Glock and Kahr are double action style triggers and she will likely not be incredibly accurate at first, but the key is to find something she's comfortable with shooting (probably NOT a .40) then get it and have her practice, practice, practice. It might be a good option for you simply because the guns I'll have out are for entry level shooters so (not excessively difficult to learn on, or control.) Not as big of a selection as a shop, but CERTAINLY cheaper than renting them at a range. Only two indoor ranges in the area do that and neither one of them are cheap or good shops to visit. Oh, the range also offers NRA basic pistol classes.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Well, I've got a group of first time shooters coming out to a local range Saturday (INGO sponsor) to introduce them to our wonderful world of shooting sports. I'll have a .22 pistol out so they get plenty of practice in for cheap, but I'll also bring a couple 9mm's and possibly a .40 or two. You're welcome to join us. All you'll have to pay for is range time ($20 all day) and reimburse for ammo (or bring your own). She can try out my wife's concealed carry pistol (Kahr 9mm.) She's tiny and we spent a lot of time looking for a pistol for her to carry and conceal. I'll bet your wife will like the Kahr or the Glock 19 (I'll have both). Another INGO'er will be joining my group so I can show him how to zero his .22 rifle and I can give you directions to the better shops in the area (INGO sponsor.) Both the Glock and Kahr are double action style triggers and she will likely not be incredibly accurate at first, but the key is to find something she's comfortable with shooting (probably NOT a .40) then get it and have her practice, practice, practice. It might be a good option for you simply because the guns I'll have out are for entry level shooters so (not excessively difficult to learn on, or control.) Not as big of a selection as a shop, but CERTAINLY cheaper than renting them at a range. Only two indoor ranges in the area do that and neither one of them are cheap or good shops to visit. Oh, the range also offers NRA basic pistol classes.

Thanks Kidd1, I'm not sure if we can make that this weekend or not. I'll have to check with her when she gets home tonight and find out. Could you send me a PM with the info and I'll talk to her and see if we could make it or not.

She is a newer shooter but not completely new. She can handle my fullsize 9mm fine but not my Keltec PF9. I was really wanting to have her shoot a couple revolvers to see how she does with the DA trigger pull and also wanted have her try a Beretta Nano and the new M&P9 Shield. We are trying to find the right EDC for her but know where around where we live has any place to try anything out.

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Thanks Kidd1, I'm not sure if we can make that this weekend or not. I'll have to check with her when she gets home tonight and find out. Could you send me a PM with the info and I'll talk to her and see if we could make it or not.

She is a newer shooter but not completely new. She can handle my fullsize 9mm fine but not my Keltec PF9. I was really wanting to have her shoot a couple revolvers to see how she does with the DA trigger pull and also wanted have her try a Beretta Nano and the new M&P9 Shield. We are trying to find the right EDC for her but know where around where we live has any place to try anything out.
    PM inbound

serf

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Greenwood
    third on indy trading post. they got a good selection of rentals.. box of ammo was around 20 bucks (have to use their ammo in their guns).

piercedjp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Additional thumbs up for Indy Trading Post. They have a good selection of rentals, and the best range prices around. You do have to use their ammo for rentals, but last time I was there it was 10% off ammo for range rentals.

Top Bottom