• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    I was under the impression that 5.7's were armor piercing. Although, the gun is not very rare

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    5.7 has great external ballistics, but it's not innately AP. You could make it AP, though, just as you could produce an AP round for almost all calibers if you really tried hard enough. But again, mass media fail. It happens so often it's hard to believe that it's not intentional, and another mere propaganda outlet for the National Goverment.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    The amazing 5.7x28 is capable of knocking satellites out of orbit, bringing down 747s from several miles away, and can pass through many feet of armor plating.

And like said above, all rifles are "AK-47s" and every firearm is an evil assault weapon with a mind of it's own capable of killing anyone without notice or help from any human hand.

Also according to that obviously unbiased article, the guy with the pistol was a felon, and we all know that felons are not allowed to have firearms, so I can't believe this is true..... (purple on purple on purple)

1911Shooter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Pendleton, IN
    Two things that this article proves. One- The media is a bunch of idiots that everyone listens too and Two- If they would have just taken this guy and locked him up for years he wouldnt have ever committed the crime.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    The SS190 duty and the L191 tracer are the standard AP rounds. You can make your own AP rounds also. Not rare. Rare is if they found a phaser set to kill with AP rounds....or a Brown Bess musket with a sharpened stick down the barrel claimed to be "AP". I could see the headline now "man found with revolution era musket loaded with AP rounds and set to half cock with primed pan"

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    According to CSI you can't even buy those in the US.

You can buy the handgun, not the MG that was in the show..... at least not as a civillian brand new.... now, I'm curious about any LEA's that might consider doing a NFA transfer of one that they are "done with" :D

So technically they were right.... but they were way off acting like no gun in the US fires those rounds....

Ridgeway

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    You can buy the handgun, not the MG that was in the show..... at least not as a civillian brand new.... now, I'm curious about any LEA's that might consider doing a NFA transfer of one that they are "done with" :D

So technically they were right.... but they were way off acting like no gun in the US fires those rounds....

I don't know what show you are talking about or specifically what gun. But I assume it's a P90.
    There are no transferable P90's. The only thing you will find is a post-sample & only a SOT will be able to buy it and then will have to get rid of it if he drops the license.

On topic, I love my PS90. One of these days I'd like to pick up a Five-Seven...before they end up getting banned due to whatever new/recent hysteria re: alleged AP capability.

mshogren

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Nov 20, 2010
    Arcadia
    The TV show was CSI, the original one. I just watched it on DVR last night and the whole time I am going WTF! I kinda expect anti-gun BS on many shows, but this was over the top in my opinion...

Mark

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Maybe my tinfoil hat is getting a bit worn, but I'm a believer that crap reporting like this is intentional. It's written in a way that causes your average sheep to automatically think that weapons like that should not be allowed to exist in public.

coltaceguy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indiana
    Let us hope he really had the SS190 AP or more media bias BS

ap2.jpg

Top Bottom