• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ramius35

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    I've just ordered my Phantom holster from RCS and was wondering if anybody's currently using the Browning HP and Raven Combo as EDC. Any thoughts... Pro's Cons?

col132

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2010
    Not for the HP, but been using one for a 1911 for several years now. Top not, good decision.

Ramius35

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Thanks, I'm sure judging by feedback that I won't be disappointed! I'm buying it from South Africa though and it feels like a bit of a gamble! Also doesn't look like anyone uses the Browning HP anymore?

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Thanks, I'm sure judging by feedback that I won't be disappointed! I'm buying it from South Africa though and it feels like a bit of a gamble! Also doesn't look like anyone uses the Browning HP anymore?

Buying from like an online auction site or something?

If you're in the states, I hope you don't get hosed! :n00b:

And, for the most part, it does seem that the P35 has fallen out of carry favor; at least here in the US. Probably because you can get a lighter firearm that carries more rounds AND have a better trigger in roughly the same-sized package.

I've enjoyed shooting the two HP's that I've owned, but I wasn't ever of a mind to want to carry one.

-J-

zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    I love my HP. It is a piece of history with nazi proofs on it, so that prevents me from carrying it.

But if it didnt, my fully loaded g17 weighs as much as my empty HP. hmmm lol

Ramius35

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Buying from like an online auction site or something?

If you're in the states, I hope you don't get hosed! :n00b:

And, for the most part, it does seem that the P35 has fallen out of carry favor; at least here in the US. Probably because you can get a lighter firearm that carries more rounds AND have a better trigger in roughly the same-sized package.

I've enjoyed shooting the two HP's that I've owned, but I wasn't ever of a mind to want to carry one.

-J-

Well I'm buying the holster online directly from the manufacturer... So I believe it should be fine. As for the Browning HP, just for information sake this belonged to a deceased uncle whom I loved dearly. It used to be his service pistol from his time in the airforce, so the gun holds great sentimental value for me. Now with all the changes to South African firearm regulation this weapon was to be handed in for destruction! I couldn't let that happen so I opted to take possession of the gun and license it under my name. Now you could ask why not take it and buy another more modern self defence gun? Here's why, if you're a normal citizen our gun laws allow you only 4 licenses of which only one can be a licensed firearm for reasons of self defence. So I had a choice Take it or loose it! (and loose all the history along with it). Lucky for me I'm a big guy and the gun to me feels as light as a feather!
    But again thanks for all your feedback... More would be welcome!

Tom Fineis

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2010
    Cleveland, OH
    The BHP is still quite popular, we sell a lot of holsters for it. Most of them are going to overseas customers, but there's still a good following of loyal fans in the US as well.

I'm a Glock guy, but next on my list of carry guns would be a BHP. I love shooting them.

Ramius35

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    The BHP is still quite popular, we sell a lot of holsters for it. Most of them are going to overseas customers, but there's still a good following of loyal fans in the US as well.

I'm a Glock guy, but next on my list of carry guns would be a BHP. I love shooting them.

Thanks for the reply! Funny that I'm an overseas customer! Well I say an old well cared for gun is better than none in a fire fight I suppose! Thanks again for all the feedback still more opinions are welcome!

Top Bottom