• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Ladoga, Indiana
    I know clinton Indiana is kind of out of the way for most of us but I was in that area tonight and decided to stop by the local Walmart store. They had a really nice selection of ammo. Much bigger than Greencastle or Walmart! But I was completly shocked by the rather large selection of reloading supplies! I was un aware that Walmart stocked this kind of merchandise. The prices to me seemed fair and if you are an employee you can use your discount. They also had box after box of the winchester 525 22lr. which are hard to find at most stores. So if you are ever in that area it would definatly be worth stoping by.

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I know clinton Indiana is kind of out of the way for most of us but I was in that area tonight and decided to stop by the local Walmart store. They had a really nice selection of ammo. Much bigger than Greencastle or Walmart! But I was completly shocked by the rather large selection of reloading supplies! I was un aware that Walmart stocked this kind of merchandise. The prices to me seemed fair and if you are an employee you can use your discount. They also had box after box of the winchester 525 22lr. which are hard to find at most stores. So if you are ever in that area it would definatly be worth stoping by.

It's dependent on the area and the demand.

Did you stop by INGO Advertising Sponser M&S Armament while in Clinton?

92ThoStro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 1, 2012
    Thanks for the information :D
    Last time I was at Walmart, looking for 32 S&W long, I asked the gun and sporting goods guy if he had any. He said " I'm not sure, I know we have regular 32 ". So I asked him " Well what's regular, ACP or 32 S&W" And he said well the box should be right here, but we are out.
    :(
    Almost as bad as when I went to autozone looking for 1/0 cable, and was told " I don't think we carry anything that small" If that is small, I wonder what the big stuff looks like!

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    Threads like this just **** me off!
    Because I don't live near clinton and my walmart doesn't have reloading supplies.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Ladoga, Indiana
    If you are really needing something it is a good possibility you could order it from Walmart.com and have it shipped to your local store for free. However I still think you might be able to find supplies else where at a better price. Walmart is just a convienent option for people in Clinton. You can find very reasonable deals on dies and almost every piece of equipment you would need on ebay. Exc.. bullets and brass and things of that nature.

Broom_jm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2009
    Thanks for the information :D
    Last time I was at Walmart, looking for 32 S&W long, I asked the gun and sporting goods guy if he had any. He said " I'm not sure, I know we have regular 32 ". So I asked him " Well what's regular, ACP or 32 S&W" And he said well the box should be right here, but we are out.
    :(
    Almost as bad as when I went to autozone looking for 1/0 cable, and was told " I don't think we carry anything that small" If that is small, I wonder what the big stuff looks like!

This is where a local proprietor, one that focuses on guns and reloading, will be more knowledgeable and helpful. Some will say that a good reloader will know everything he needs to know, to make an informed purchase. There is some truth to that, but it's also true that there will always be interesting new things to learn...and the guy behind the counter at Walmart is not going to be up-to-speed on the latest reloading equipment, components or techniques.

:ingo:

briand212

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 1, 2009
    Putnam County IN
    Walmart may suck but at least I could get supplies!!!
    Let me start by saying Clinton is my home town, and I have not llived there in over 10 years.
    I remember back when I was there walmart was the only local place that had relaoding supplies, next you had to go to Daryls custom guns in Cayuga or a few placed in Terre Haute for anythig, so it was great to have a source nearby.. please keep in mind that was way before M&S Armament opened :)

jcwit

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2009
    Dead Center on the End
    WalMart is basically a self serve retail outlet. Their sales people are not meant to be completely knowledgeable in the departments they work in. They are able to locate the ammo shelf, you the customer needs to know the caliber you wish, they can show you the firearm, you the customer needs to point out what you wish to see.

This is also true of the clothing department, you pick out what you wish, no tailors present to fit the clothes for you.

Same for the meat department, no custom butchers, you pick out what you wish or walk on.

This is one way they keep the prices low.

Don't like WalMart, fine, shop elsewhere and more than likely pay more, but don't complain about WalMart.

Top Bottom