• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juan bond

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    What should I consider realistic with a Kel-tec pf-9 @ 10 yards?????? If I can keep everything inside a 7.25" diameter am I doing good? tried posting an pic, but I do not have enough posts yet.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    You're "starting to get it" at 7.25. You'll probably be able to get it down to 3-4 inches with some practice. The PF9 can be stunningly accurate in the right hands.

You can always post pics from an external source like photobucket.

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    What are you using it for? Strictly a defensive weapon? If so, which I assume is true, that's definitely effective compared to the size of a would be attacker. The tighter you can make your groups the better off you'll be obviously, but I'd say you have a good start.

juan bond

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    I will be practicing my rear off, just because I love shooting this gun! I haven't shot a pistol in years and it was bought for self-defense, and home protection. I'm defineately not to the bowling pins at 25 yards yet, but I hoping to get there.

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    The range officer at Atterbury noticed me struggling with my PF9 , like you new to that gun. He suggested getting some Snap Caps and dry firing with a dime on the front blade. This helped me get used to the long pull of the double action. I haven't been back to the range yet but I feel much more confident with the new gun

FYI

Audie Murphy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    59   3   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Warsaw
    The range officer at Atterbury noticed me struggling with my PF9 , like you new to that gun. He suggested getting some Snap Caps and dry firing with a dime on the front blade. This helped me get used to the long pull of the double action. I haven't been back to the range yet but I feel much more confident with the new gun

FYI

If you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose of the dime on the front site blade?

juan bond

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010

FYI

Great advice!!! I rested a dime on the front blade and with a snap cap, that will help tremedously!!!

cbseniour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    South East Marion County
    If you don't mind me asking, what is the purpose of the dime on the front site blade?

Sorry I didn't state that part. The idea is to become steady enough in your pull that the dime doesn't fall off when the hammer drops.
    It's harder than it sounds.

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne

Sorry I didn't state that part. The idea is to become steady enough in your pull that the dime doesn't fall off when the hammer drops.
    It's harder than it sounds.

Now when you can do that with live ammo ....... YOU DA MAN.:D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    "Reasonable accuracy" is all relative to your intended purpose or goal.

If you had your gun in a rest and were firing without any direct human interaction, I'd say that 7.25" at 10 yards is unacceptable.

If you were getting that group while standing and slow firing, I'd say "nice job, keep practicing".

If you were drawing, getting off the X, and shooting at a moving attacker while he tried to stab you, I'd say "Atta boy!" and give you a jumping high-five.

So I guess my short answer is-- depends. :D

Top Bottom