Received Mixed-caliber Glock Mags with New Gun?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    So, I got my Glock model 26 today from Orion Arms, (formerly Keislers Firearms,) and I noticed a slight issue when I got home.

I got three mags with the gun, (it is a Gen 4, and I bought it new.)

1 of my magazines was 9mm, (which is correct.) Two of them were .40 caliber.

Anybody else have this happen to them? I'm trying to figure out if this was Orions fault, or if this was something that may have happened at the factory. I intend to go back on Monday and get the two .40 mags swapped out...I have the receipt, and I just bought it today. If they can't swap out the obvious mistake, they don't deserve my business. I'm sure it says right there in the manual something about "only use accessories designed specifically for this gun," etc etc...

If they don't swap it out, I'm really friendly with another small-ish gun store owner...I can probably get him to order me two and swap them out on an even trade, so at least I've got that option, but I'd like to get it resolved by Orion if possible.

Anybody ever have this happen to them?

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    So, I got my Glock model 26 today from Orion Arms, (formerly Keislers Firearms,) and I noticed a slight issue when I got home.

I got three mags with the gun, (it is a Gen 4, and I bought it new.)

1 of my magazines was 9mm, (which is correct.) Two of them were .40 caliber.

Anybody else have this happen to them? I'm trying to figure out if this was Orions fault, or if this was something that may have happened at the factory. I intend to go back on Monday and get the two .40 mags swapped out...I have the receipt, and I just bought it today. If they can't swap out the obvious mistake, they don't deserve my business. I'm sure it says right there in the manual something about "only use accessories designed specifically for this gun," etc etc...

If they don't swap it out, I'm really friendly with another small-ish gun store owner...I can probably get him to order me two and swap them out on an even trade, so at least I've got that option, but I'd like to get it resolved by Orion if possible.

Anybody ever have this happen to them?

Tell them since you got two 40 caliber mags, that you want the GLOCK 27 instead:laugh:

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Slide and barrel are both stamped for 9mm. With the barrel removed, I dropped a 9mm round into the chamber, and it fits snugly. I'm confident the gun is a 9mm, (or, at least the slide and barrel are, :p) just that I got those two magazines wrong.

And I don't want the 27, (but good idea,) because I wanted magazine and ammunition interchangeability with my Glock 17.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Did you go to the Kiesler's on Sable Mill Lane or the one on Industrial Parkway? I've been waiting for the Sable Mill Lane to get in some G26 gen4 for over a month now. I called Wednesday and they still didn't have any in, so I didn't bother to call on Friday when I was down there. Darn....another trip South and $4 diesel fuel.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    It was the one on Industrial Parkway. I went back there today, and they swapped out the two incorrect magazines immediately, with no questions asked and no receipt shown. The guy said he had never seen that before.

Stopping in at my OTHER gun store, (Hi Tek Firearms, Sellersburg Indiana,) later today, I was talking to Bruce about it, and he said that they have had it happen to them several times too. So it looks like it is a Glock issue, and not a Keislers/Orion issue.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    It was the one on Industrial Parkway. I went back there today, and they swapped out the two incorrect magazines immediately, with no questions asked and no receipt shown. The guy said he had never seen that before.

Stopping in at my OTHER gun store, (Hi Tek Firearms, Sellersburg Indiana,) later today, I was talking to Bruce about it, and he said that they have had it happen to them several times too. So it looks like it is a Glock issue, and not a Keislers/Orion issue.

You got three mags with your Gen 4?!?!?! Hows this Hi-tek place you speak of, never been there?

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Yeah, all Gen 4's come with 3 magazines. And I know that the .40 mags probably would've worked, but they were all stamped ".40" on the back of them, and my OCD just wouldn't allow me to use them. Plus, the magazine followers were shaped somehow differently than the one on the 9mm magazine. I loaded one with 10 rounds of 9mm, and pushing them out with my thumb was not very smooth. In addition, the little see-thru holes in the back of the magazine were only marked for up to 9 rounds, because of the reduced capacity of the .40 magazines. Again, my OCD was killing me.

As for Hi Tek, they are a great place. Get off of I65 at the Sellersburg exit, and head east, (away from McDonalds and Taco Bell.) They are within half a mile, on the main strip, on the right. Small shop, family owned, good prices. They don't have as much in stock at a time as Keislers, but they'll order anything you want. I just like going there because they are nice guys, and I can always come in and just have a friendly conversation while I'm walking around shopping. If I want to buy something, I'd rather support them than Orion, for whatever thats worth.

If you go, tell them Adam sent you. They like new customers.

TheDude

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    104   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Southeast Kentuckiana.
    Yeah, all Gen 4's come with 3 magazines. And I know that the .40 mags probably would've worked, but they were all stamped ".40" on the back of them, and my OCD just wouldn't allow me to use them. Plus, the magazine followers were shaped somehow differently than the one on the 9mm magazine. I loaded one with 10 rounds of 9mm, and pushing them out with my thumb was not very smooth. In addition, the little see-thru holes in the back of the magazine were only marked for up to 9 rounds, because of the reduced capacity of the .40 magazines. Again, my OCD was killing me.

As for Hi Tek, they are a great place. Get off of I65 at the Sellersburg exit, and head east, (away from McDonalds and Taco Bell.) They are within half a mile, on the main strip, on the right. Small shop, family owned, good prices. They don't have as much in stock at a time as Keislers, but they'll order anything you want. I just like going there because they are nice guys, and I can always come in and just have a friendly conversation while I'm walking around shopping. If I want to buy something, I'd rather support them than Orion, for whatever thats worth.

If you go, tell them Adam sent you. They like new customers.

Will do, love finding (New to me) gun shops. Thanks

03A3

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Shaker Prairie
    If you have for example both a G26 and a G27 you have to be especially careful with your magazines.
    I once saw a 9mm casing get partially fireformed in a .40 pistol when he stuck the 9mm mag in the G27 by mistake.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Luckily I don't have to worry about that. As of yet, there aren't any .40 pistols around. The next step up is a .45, and I don't think we're going to accidentally confuse those two. Although, my father does own a Taurus 24/7 in 9mm, and I have the same model in .45.....we'd have to be loading in the dark to confuse the two, though. :p

Top Bottom