• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Seeing what you have found and are using for a sound bar. It’s for the bedroom. It won’t be used much I want something better than the tv speakers and I don’t want or need anything large to take up space. Bluetooth would be a bonus too. Thanks

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    All of my family has Vizio sound bars and we are very happy with them. Most of us have ones with the bluetooth subwoofer and they work great.

I'm not a big fan of their TV's, but their sound bars are just as good as the premium brands.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    All of my family has Vizio sound bars and we are very happy with them. Most of us have ones with the bluetooth subwoofer and they work great.

I'm not a big fan of their TV's, but their sound bars are just as good as the premium brands.
    I have an insignia brand that came with our tv and it does a great job. But it’s 8 years old and like the idea for Bluetooth. Read a little in the Bose solo series. Always a fan of Bose audio products. Thanks for the recommendation

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    I have a samsung tv which I love with a samsung sound bar that is less than impressive. It will occasionally switch to the tv speakers and when streaming the bar will shut off at times when there is no commercial, but just the blank screen that says “ back in a moment”.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I picked up a Yamaha ATS-1090 from Costco on Black Friday. You can wall mount if you choose to save some space, but it also has feet to just set it in front of the tv. I'm not real audio picky, but it sounds pretty good to me. It also has independent subwoofer volume on the remote.

Only complaint is the remote range seems pretty short if you set it on the feet, I think the sensor is harder to get to for it if it's not wall mounted.

Price is around $130-$150 new, depending on sales and whatnot. Looks like they dip down into the $80 range on refurbished models.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Sound bars should all be hooked to the TV via the ARC connection, and controlled with the TV remote.

Stay away from Bose, that brand is overpriced, over hyped garbage. Remember the saying, "No highs, no lows, it's gotta be Bose."

Yamaha makes some good stuff, TCL is prolly the best dollar for dollar. Klipsch if you need something that sounds great when it is loud. Again, really hard to beat Yamaha for a good $100 starting point. After those brands you start getting into some $$$. But again if you need a good sound bar for the money, Yamaha or TCL will get you far.

And again, stay the hell away from Bose, they are complete garbage for the money that is outperformed by everything else there is in their price range. Maybe in the days of Paul Harvey, Bose was good, but instead of improving their quality and sound, they just make you pay extra for the name.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Sound bars should all be hooked to the TV via the ARC connection, and controlled with the TV remote.

Stay away from Bose, that brand is overpriced, over hyped garbage. Remember the saying, "No highs, no lows, it's gotta be Bose."

Yamaha makes some good stuff, TCL is prolly the best dollar for dollar. Klipsch if you need something that sounds great when it is loud. Again, really hard to beat Yamaha for a good $100 starting point. After those brands you start getting into some $$$. But again if you need a good sound bar for the money, Yamaha or TCL will get you far.

And again, stay the hell away from Bose, they are complete garbage for the money that is outperformed by everything else there is in their price range. Maybe in the days of Paul Harvey, Bose was good, but instead of improving their quality and sound, they just make you pay extra for the name.
    Thanks, I did not have a brand in particular but its always helpful to hear back from people on this site. I do appreciate it. I was not set on Bose but now I have more options.. Thanks, Tim

db308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Picked up a JBL 2.1 soundbar with wireless woofer about a year and a half ago. Very happy with it. Much improved sound over the build-in speakers.
    Sound effects don't overpower dialog in movies, dialog is clear.
    Only 3 presets for bass level, but works out ok.

I think it is this one. Paid just under $200 at the time.

Had tried one from walmart (vizio maybe) and it was bleh..

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I bought JBL speakers for my desk top computer. They were about the best when I bought them. They sound great and can get loud enough to annoy everyone in the house. Each one is no bigger than my shoe. I have used them for the last couple TV's. They still sound great.

I notice premium brand name computer speakers in the Goodwill stores all the time for just a few bucks. Very few bother with good speakers on computers these days, and most people use laptops.

SeanT

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2024
    Ontario, Canada
    Bose soundbars are probably the best item in the world, but except for the price and functionality
    I bought a pair of Razer Nommo, It sounds nice when I was watching movies or some war clips

Top Bottom