• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I've got a Taylor's & Co. Uberti Cattleman that had a bolt break. After nine months, Taylor's sent me the bolt as I requested.

I disassembled it nine months ago and apparently I'm an idiot because I reassembled it and now it isn't working right. The cylinder doesn't turn every time I pull the trigger back. Only some of the time.

I just need a Colt clone/SAA gunsmith that can put it back together correctly. I'm in Noblesville.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've got a Taylor's & Co. Uberti Cattleman that had a bolt break. After nine months, Taylor's sent me the bolt as I requested.

I disassembled it nine months ago and apparently I'm an idiot because I reassembled it and now it isn't working right. The cylinder doesn't turn every time I pull the trigger back. Only some of the time.

I just need a Colt clone/SAA gunsmith that can put it back together correctly. I'm in Noblesville.

Point the gun straight down and cock the hammer, see if the cylinder turns. Point straight up and do the same thing. You likely have a missing, broken, or bent hand spring if it does not turn pointed up, this, a common malady.

I'm not a gunsmith, nor do I play one on TV.;)

I have fixed a lot of old guns over the years of my own.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I recommend Havlin's.
    Seconded. Give him an email...

he "liked" that post so that lends credence to the posability that he'd be able to A) do and B ) willing to do the work.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Point the gun straight down and cock the hammer, see if the cylinder turns. Point straight up and do the same thing. You likely have a missing, broken, or bent hand spring if it does not turn pointed up, this, a common malady.

I'm not a gunsmith, nor do I play one on TV.;)

I have fixed a lot of old guns over the years of my own.

Always turns pointed down. Never turns pointed up.

Must have lost the spring when I removed the broken bolt.

Thanks.

Vanderbilt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2022
    Nineveh
    ....FWIW, buddy and I bought a pair of unfired Uberti SAA's. Both are close in ser# and manf date. They both are fairly equal in shots fired as we usually shoot in the same club matches. Both broke this spring during this season.

Attachments

• 4372.jpeg
      4372.jpeg
      392.5 KB · Views: 9

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    ....FWIW, buddy and I bought a pair of unfired Uberti SAA's. Both are close in ser# and manf date. They both are fairly equal in shots fired as we usually shoot in the same club matches. Both broke this spring during this season.
    Pretty common on the ubertis I replaced all mine with round wire springs

Top Bottom