• ...and so much more!
  • MrPeabody

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Dec 1, 2011
    Hamilton County
    Hi All -

I am looking for what the collective would suggest for a scope and bi-pod for a Sig Cross in a 308. I am purely looking for affordable performance. Not cheap, nor top shelf. Something that is repeatable and adjustable for 100 - 500 yards.

TIA for your input.

BR8818

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    These are scopes under $1k I've had/have, and liked alot (except the PLX-c @$1500, but it's worth it).
    Razor genii e 1-6 mrad con heavy.

PA PLX-C 1-8 griffen mil ret. con center aiming point is a chevron.

Trijicon credo 2-10x36 mrad con reticle wasn't great at low power, and no side focus.

Athlon Helos BTR genii 2-12x42 mrad con center aiming point is a huge dot.

Meopta Optika6 3-18x50 mrad ret. con its big & heavy

As for bipods I prefer a Harris over all the expensive ones.

Benjamin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    My super budget recommendation on special at euro optic:

Bushnell Prime 4-12x40 (Capped/Exposed) SFP Multi-X Crosshair Black Riflescope RP4124BS3​

Or

Burris Droptine 3-9x40​

Or

Sig Sauer WHISKEY 3 3-9x50​

Now for serious part. I strongly disagree with the premise of your question. Buy a FFP scope that means the reticle is located in the front focal plane and the reticle changes and thus is useful for measuring at all magnification. Spend the money and get decent glass.

Buy this:

It’s a close out deal on a 5-25x50 Burris XTRii ffp scope mil/mil with illumination. Brand new! These scopes were $1200 a few years ago. Buy a $20 Bi-pod off Amazon that’s a copy of a Harris. But when it comes to the scope this Burris is an incredible value and I usually recommend people spend a minimum of 1/2 the cost of the rifle on the glass.

IMG_4424.jpeg
    Just to be clear that’s what I have here. A $20 Bi-pod and a $569 scope. Budget another $60 for rings. If that’s too much try a fixed power swfa super sniper 10x with mil/mil reticle/adjustments for around $300 maybe cheaper on Black Friday.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Hi All -

I am looking for what the collective would suggest for a scope and bi-pod for a Sig Cross in a 308. I am purely looking for affordable performance. Not cheap, nor top shelf. Something that is repeatable and adjustable for 100 - 500 yards.

TIA for your input.
    Check out https://aaoptics.com/

He has vortex and they have inexpensive to expensive and in between. Vortex has excellent customer service as does aaoptics.

Bushnell stay away from. I'm going on my 9th business day waiting for a response from their customer service to get a scope sent back that failed. Their customer service is so far nonexistent.

Dholcomb

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 14, 2022
    Indiana
    Highly recommend atlas as bipod choice. Vortex razor hd gen 2 are almost indestructible and hold their value well if you decide to resell. Can go with the slightly lower magnification to save some money if need be.

SSE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Tippecanoe Co.
    Check out the Arken line. I have 2 of the 6-24 sh4 gen 2 and love them. They are better than most scopes that are twice the money. I have not had a chance to check out the model with the Jap glass, some people like them better, some do not.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I am planning on picking up a Tikka 6.5cm and was originally looking at Vortex but I'm super interested to hear how these new PA optics are. This is the 308, they also have a 6.5cm

Top Bottom