• ...and so much more!
  • todkapuz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Carmel, IN
    Merry Christmas! Record Number Bought Guns on Black Friday

Record background checks for gun sales on Black Friday... Fox news played it as "increased women buyers" although not sure exactly where that came from. A couple of the places I looked at this morning were showing similar to this, a "exercise of 2nd amendment rights".

I have to say, I really was very tempted to purchase a new handgun on that Friday myself, since it's almost impossible to get to the stores with my schedule otherwise.

(*Of course background check numbers are not always 1:1 with sales.)

Last edited:

mskendall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 10, 2009
    NE Indy
    Of all pictures to have on an article they really chose a Hi Point?! :)

I'm not surprised at the numbers. We went to Bradis and there were definitely some deals to be had. My dad picked one up and I'm having remorse for NOT buying the FNP they had on sale!

schafe

Master
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Monroe Co.
    And all the lanes at the range were full and there was a waiting list at Atterbury on Black Friday. Yes, Virginia, the Antis are spinning! ;)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Great news...... went to Willow Slough and had to wait.....no complaints - love to see people increasing their comfort zone with weapons

That's why I usually go on weekdays. That, and the fact my days off only match uop with a "weekend" two time a year.

I used to go to Willow Slough years ago. But some got me hooked on Kingsbury.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Those are some impressive stats. It makes me feel good that the law abiding are finally starting to wake up. I'm also noticing that more crimes are being foiled by armed citizens. I realize that it's still being under reported in the MSM and my observations are empirical evidence but I still feel good about it.

We're winning!

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    Merry Christmas! Record Number Bought Guns on Black Friday

Record background checks for gun sales on Black Friday... Fox news played it as "increased women buyers" although not sure exactly where that came from. A couple of the places I looked at this morning were showing similar to this, a "exercise of 2nd amendment rights".

I have to say, I really was very tempted to purchase a new handgun on that Friday myself, since it's almost impossible to get to the stores with my schedule otherwise.

(*Of course background check numbers are not always 1:1 with sales.)

Seen that today. The Brady Bunch neg-ing it like the gun manufactures are just now jumping on the Black Friday bandwagon. No big deal, this to will pass.

Why is it they just can't see the facts for what they are, they always distort the truth for their agenda.

todkapuz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2011
    Carmel, IN
    Seen that today. The Brady Bunch neg-ing it like the gun manufactures are just now jumping on the Black Friday bandwagon. No big deal, this to will pass.

Why is it they just can't see the facts for what they are, they always distort the truth for their agenda.

Eh, they are just afraid that people will realize that guns don't kill people... bad people kill people.... guns are but a tool... a tool that can be used for good or bad. The sad truth is we will never know the 'sales' in the black market to know if those are going up or down... those are the numbers that matter... so few of the "reported" sales going through the background check service will ever be used in the commission of a crime.. but the sales in the black-market sure will be.

I guess when I posted this, I was more curious if anyone could find the link that Fox news made to the new sales being primarily driven by women... I couldn't find a creditable source for that anywhere.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Now don't take this the wrong way,but;)
    I notice that your monkey has some new accoutrements.:D

Photoshopping my avatar is a skill I've yet to master. :)

Be careful, and tread lightly. Jetgirls' monkey is sacred around these parts.:dunno:
    Also check her title. She's a "Grand- Master" All seeing-all knowing. Queen of the interwebs.

BTW- There is nothing you could photoshop onto your avatar to improve it, unless it were a second set of antlers! Now THAT would be some rack!:D

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Black Friday/Gun Sales........I think the reason, tis the season. Folks save holiday pay, christmas club cash, and haggle their significant others or gift givers to give up the duckies for firepower. I bought myself a used G-17. I been a good boy this year, worked hard, and who knows what next year will bring. I told my kids to stimulate teh economy by visiting Wal-Marts ammo cabinate and to tell the sales clerk for a box of 100 round count Federal bulk .9mm or .40 ammo.

Now thatss what "I" call a happy holiday!

You hear that GUN BUYING jingle in your ear yet?

Holiday/holiday its the best time of the year!

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I did not buy a firearm on black friday, but I did find the need tto buy a safe on that day ;)
    Did you get the Awesome deal the Menards had on a Safe? I got the flyer on Black Friday instead of Wed like I was supposed to and Missed out on it! :xmad:
    I just wonder how all our Ingo Advertisers did on Black Friday? Don't expect them to give out exact figures on their sales but it would be nice to know if Bradis, Indy trading post, Plainfield shooting supplies, Down by the tracks, etc. did as well as the article said.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    Glad to hear it and its nice that the news reports its women since that will help take away the stigma of all the m/w with guns in the general publics' eyes.

Top Bottom