• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    I would like to invite everyone to attend the Red Brush Rifle Range Steel Challenge match just east of Evansville, IN. This match is sanctioned by the Steel Challenge Shooting Association and hosted by the Indiana Practical Pistol Shooters. The match is open to the public and starts at 10:00 AM on the 2nd Sunday of each month April through October. The cost is $5 per adult shooter and juniors under 18 shoot for free. There are divisions for just about any pistol, as well as .22 rimfire rifle. Targets are all steel ranging from 8 inch round to 18x24 rectangle. This is an extremely fun match to shoot and it is a good way to introduce firearm enthusiasts to the shooting sports. I have listed all the particulars below. More info and directions to the range can be found at Red Brush Rifle Range

I hope to see you there!

Red Brush Steel Challenge

Match name: Steel Challenge, hosted by the Indiana Practical Pistol Shooters.

Location: Red Brush Rifle Range (just east of Evansville, IN)
    3299 West Eble Road
    Newburgh, IN 47630

Schedule: 2nd Sunday of the month April through October.
    Signup starts at 9:30am.
    New Shooter Meeting starts at 9:45am.
    Match starts at 10:00am.

Cost: $5 per adult shooter. Juniors under 18 shoot for free.

Firearms used: Divisions for virtually all handguns, including .22LR open & limited, single & double-action revolvers, open & limited centerfire pistols. There is also a division for .22LR carbine rifle.

Usual number of rounds needed: At least 100 rounds if you never miss. [I would bring extra!]

Other equipment needed: Eye and ear protection, holster, belt, mag pouches for centerfire guns, just extra mags for .22LR (shot from low-ready position so no holster needed for .22s).

Targets: All steel. 8", 10", and 12" round plates, 18"×24" rectangles.

Format: All-steel match run according to Steel Challenge Shooting Association rules. With a few exceptions, courses of fire consist of 5 non-reactive steel plates, one of which is a designated stop plate. Each shooter will shoot each stage 5 times, with the best 4 runs counting for score. Missed plates or late shots incur a 3 second penalty each. The match will generally consist of 4 such stages. Since there is no steel to reset, stages run quickly with squads simply needing to put fresh paint on the targets between shooters (and pick up brass if desired).

Prizes: Bragging rights for the month.

More information and directions to the range can be found at http://redbrush.org

Last edited:

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Thanks to everyone who attended the August RBRR Steel Challenge match! I believe we had 61 shooters which nearly equaled the old record of 62 shooters. If you included an email address on your score sheet then the final results will be emailed to you in a few days. You can also check the final results on the Red Brush website when they are posted.

I hope everyone had as much fun as I did!

Don't forget about next months match on September 14, 2014.

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    The next RBRR Steel Challenge match is tomorrow (Sunday, September 14, 2014). The weather should be cool so bring a jacket or wear multiple layers.

I hope to see you there!

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Thanks to everyone who attended the September RBRR Steel Challenge match! The attendance was down a bit to 42 shooters on a beautiful day for shooting! We had decided before everyone arrived that the weather was so nice we had better set up 5 stages and have 5 squads. The surprisingly lower than expected turnout and 5 squads made the match progress very quickly. I hope that a fun day was had by all involved, and that you will return for our end of the season match next month (October 12, 2014)!

As always, if you included an email address on your score sheet then the final results will be emailed to you in a few days. You can also check the final results on the Red Brush website when they are posted.​

Hawkwind2112

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2014
    Evansville
    Thanks to everyone who attended the October RBRR Steel Challenge match! I believe we had 46 shooters and a beautiful day at the range! I hope everyone had a great day of shooting!

As always, if you included an email address on your score sheet then the final results will be emailed to you in a few days. You can also check the final results on the Red Brush website when they are posted.

This was the last RBRR Steel Challenge match of the season. The next match will most likely be the 2nd Sunday in March 2015 if the weather permits.​

Top Bottom