red class benchmades for 17.99 at cabelas.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I'm sure most of you guys have seen this already, but cabelas has the tika ii and tika ii minis on sale for 17.99. They also have a ten dollar kershaw and a crkt.

They're the red class (obviously), but they'd still be good to keep around. I bought one of each and plan on keeping one in my ammo can-tool kit in the back of my pathfinder just in case.

So if you want an inexpensive throw around knife, there ya go. Just thought i'd let you fellas know, if you hadn't seen it already.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Red class is/was made overseas instead of in the us. A lot of people complain that the fit and finish isn't quite as nice and the steels are different (although the steels they use are still printed on the blades, so you know what you're getting).

Don't expect a 400 dollar knife for 18 bucks, but for what I'm going to use them for, it's hard to beat the price.

I'll be sure to post when I get them in my hands and play with them a bit.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    As of this year, Benchmade is no longer producing the red box/class knives (made in china). Benchmade announced that everything will be USA made from now on...blue, black, and gold class. This is the reason you are seeing old new stock in the red class being blown out by dealers.

mwmccormick

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 30, 2009
    Seymour
    I got one of the Pika 2's, it's not too bad. I've heard that the Vex was probably the best of the Redbox Benchies. Check out the Kershaw G-10 hawk. I think it was around $10 and its a really good little pocketknife. It actually was the one that got my new addiction started. I've since stopped buying china knives however.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I was looking for a vex, but didn't find any spectacular deals on them so I thought i'd try these.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    As of this year, Benchmade is no longer producing the red box/class knives (made in china). Benchmade announced that everything will be USA made from now on...blue, black, and gold class. This is the reason you are seeing old new stock in the red class being blown out by dealers.

I'm glad to hear that. My brother recently bought a Benchmade @ a festival, and brought it over to have me sharpen it. It was one of the red boxed ones, and I was really dissapointed in the product overall. It won't hold an edge for long, and the action doesn't have that buttery smooth feel to it that I have come to expect from Benchmade.

I don't have a problem with the big guys making a cheaper line of knives, but wish they would do like Spyderco, and make them under a different label (Byrd) to save on confusion.

alloyguitar

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    I got mine in the mail yesterday and am very satisfied at the quality for the price. It obviously doesn't compare to a higher priced model, but for 18 bucks I didn't expect much and I'm happy.

I know that benchmade has been having issues with sharpness from the factory, so I feel that I should mention that I could easily shave the hair off my arm with it.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I got a Pika II at the Cabelas Store in Hammond today for $8.99. Said 17.99 on the sticker, But when I looked at the receipt it sure said $8.99.

Top Bottom