• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    So my brother looked at an EOTech XPS today at the 1500. I didn't get a chance to ask the salesman this question, so I thought you guys would know.

The red dot, it was a circle with a crosshair. Are you able to switch it to just a dot?

Are there advantages to having a Red Dot over a Red Circle Crosshair? Or is it just personal preference?

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    preference. i don't own an EOtech, (someday), but i have seen plenty. i personally don't like the circle with crosshair. its too much going on and sort of looks cheesy to me. i prefer the more precise feeling(to me)/less distracting red dot. :twocents:

silkpoet

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 6, 2010
    SW Indiana
    I looked long and hard at EOTech and Aimpoint and settled on the Aimpoint. I felt that the single dot was less confusing to me when rapidly aiming. I have been very happy with the Aimpoint, however I am sure everyone is different. I imagine I would be pretty happy with an EOTech too... :)

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I find reticle choice is mostly about personal preference in this case.

I've used both single dot and donut dot reticles and like them both. I like the single dot because it gives a clear uncluttered field-of-view whether you're shooting near or far. The donut dot gives your eye more to pick up on when moving back and forth. Shooting round objects like steel or paper targets with a donut dot reticle works well too.

That being said, I chose Aimpoint because I believe it is a better optic, with the single dot reticle being a secondary consideration.

Top Bottom