• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jared

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 25, 2009
    I'm writing this review because of the incredible success I've had with Azerigan's ammo- Red Star. I purchased .45 ACP for my Springfield XD and .308 win for my Remington 700 SS 5R milspec. The .45 ammo runs great and is just as accurate as any store bought ammo I've used. Out of 250 rounds I never had a fail to fire or any other malfunction. Perfect . Now the real praise comes from the .308 ammo. The ammo I requested was Sierra Matchking 175 grain fmj boat tail hollow points- same as the military xm198LR sniper ammo, i requested them to be loaded in NATO brass with a velocity of 2600 fps. The ammo was well polished, clean, and neatly packaged in boxes of 20 with styrofoam bullet holders. I decided to go and see how they shot. My rifle is still in it's original HS Precision stock and I was shooting from anpicnic table with a sandbag under the butt and a Harris 6-9 bipod. The bolt lugs have been lapped and the barrel broken in very meticulously. Optic is a Burris XTR 3-12x50 mildot sitting in Burris xtr medium rings atop a PRI 20MOA base. Shooting at a 100 yd target, I was zeroed in two shots. Now I go for a three shot group. .520 inches edge to edge. One hole, barely cloverleafed. Pretty good, I'm thinking... I move to a 250yd target to see how it would do. Put the proper dope on the scope and sent three more down range. Again, one hole, .660" edge to edge, nice neat clover leaf. Wow! I'm impressed now, this ammo is flying better than the Hornady and federal GMM that I was using previously. There was a 2" swinging pistol target down at the 250 yd mark and just for fun, I took aim. DING!! Cool! Next shot, DING!! Man this is fun! Cleaned the barrel and move to a 703 yard target. 12" shoot-n-c sticky paper target. 6 mph left to right cross wind. Settled into prone firing position and made adjustments. Took aim at center of bullseye and sent it.. About 2" right, center. No adjustments, next shot, 3" directly above the first. Third shot, 3.5" left of the second shot. I'm not proclaiming to be an expert marksman by any means, and I know the rifle has alot to do with accuracy, but I was just floored at how consistent this ammo is! Sorry I rambled on there for a while, but I just wanted to get the point across that this is some high quality ammo here and I want to recommend it to any and all who do long range shooting, and the price is right, too! Thanks for reading this lengthy review.

Jared

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Instead of a new thread, just figured I'd add on to this one.

Finally got a chance to burn through some of my RedStar 45ACP and not 1 issue. I only took 100 with me, but shot just as good as factory ammo (beginner here with 45s) so I am impressed. Not to mention I am supporting a local guy (advertiser and supporter).

FWIW, gun used was a SA XD45.

Top Bottom